Skip to main content

More Snow...Sigh

Our yard was clear! There was new grass poking through! It felt like spring! And then...it snowed last night. Not just a cute little dusting. Oh no, this was a dumping of heavy, wet snow. The kind that caused multiple cars to get stuck in our neighborhood this morning. BUT! But, but, but...snow this time of year generally doesn't stick around for long. In fact, the snow on our driveway and sidewalk is mostly gone, and the pavement is somewhat dry. That right there gives me hope that spring is right around the corner. Plus, the temps in the high 40's that we should be seeing in a few days. :)

It was spring break for the kiddos this past week. There was some gatherings with friends, some reading, some screen time, some arts & crafts, and a whole lot of me, pulling my hair, wondering why the week was going so slowly. I took Friday off to spend with the kids, as a farewell to the vacation week. We started the day with a yummy breakfast at IHOP, and then headed out to the Mall of America where each kid was able to spend some gift cards, and burn off some energy walking around. 

G and I ended our visit there with the Fly Over America attraction. It's similar to the Soarin' Around the World at Disney, but so much closer! We had a blast flying all over the regions of the U.S. They have a temporary Fly Over Canada ride, too, so we're hoping we can catch that the next time we're at the MoA. (Ava didn't want to give it a try, so she ended up babysitting our bags, ha.)

Pria's reaction to this stuffy beagle was very interesting. She was sniffing it like it was a real dog, and even lifted her paw to touch it. 

(IYKYK...Pria doesn't acknowledge any toys. At all.)


Why not sit with both back feet off of the ground?


Our artist...this was drawn freehand, and then painted




Proud of his LEGO hot dog - he also told me this flash is too bright!


I am looking forward to both kids being back in school next week. But, I do have to say...not having a million activities each night to drive them around to was a great relief. Lots of time spent at home, which is wonderful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...