Skip to main content

Grandparents, Birthdays, and Sprinklers, Oh MY!

What a whirlwind week we've had...I was trying to get everything wrapped up at work so I could take my 5-day "furlough" from last Wednesday, through tomorrow. Wednesday was my first day at home, so Ava and I had a ton of "fun" getting everything ready for the upcoming activities. I did have a wonderful massage, so that started my vacation off very well...

Gramma Karen and Grampa Doug drove in from KC on Wednesday afternoon. We had a great evening catching up, and enjoying the nice weather (until the downpour that happened right as they were leaving our house!)

On Thursday, Scott, Dad, Mom, and I drove down to Cannon Falls and Rochester to check out the areas for potential future homes/land for us. At some point, we'd like to move south of the Cities. Ava was a very good little girl, especially considering that she was stuck in a car for most of her FIRST BIRTHDAY!!! We went to Applebee's for lunch, and the wait staff came out singing to someone else...I wonder what Ava would have done if we had them sing to her!

On Friday, Mom and I took Ava to get her 1-year photos taken, and then we met a few co-workers for lunch. Look at how cute she looks in her fun little dress! Since both of my parents are turning 60 this summer, Scott, Ava and I took them out for a birthday dinner at Mama Maria's in Hudson on Friday night. It was SO yummy!

On Saturday, Scott and I had a wedding to go to, so Gramma and Grampa had the chance to baby-sit Ava for the 1st time...overall, she did good (until it was nap time, and then she fought it like crazy.) Scott went to the reception, and I came home to spend time with my parents. We went to the Burger Emporium in Woodbury...I would highly recommend this place. It was great food, plus they had free refills on beer and wine! Who does that???

On Sunday, we had Ava's first birthday party! All of our closest family was there to see Ava in action...she had so much fun unwrapping the gifts, as well as smashing her cake. I have never seen her so sticky and full of goo...but she loved it! We got hit with a little rainstorm in the middle of the party, but we stuck it out. It was so wonderful that we were able to share this milestone with the people we love. :)












That night we had to say good-bye to my parents, but we know we'll see them again soon.

Today, I finally had a chance to relax...and wash those darn high chair straps! It was incredibly hot today, so I set up a baby sprinkler in the yard for Ava. She was really hesitant at first, but eventually, she was brave enough to put her hand in the water. And then she would lick her fingers. Crazy kid! Check out her new bikini from Grandma Deb! We can't wait to set up the pool so she can play with all of her new pool toys!




I'm looking forward to tomorrow...Ava will be at daycare, so I'll have the day all to myself. Ahhhhh....so much to do, and never enough time!

Comments

Lisa said…
Love the birthday pics! That was so nice that you got to spend a lot of time with your parents- and they got to babysit too! Mama Maria's - never had a bad meal there. Yum. Enjoy your day off!
Such cute pics of Ava! So whose potential future home sites? Are you moving/building? And free beer/wine refills?! Are you kidding?! Worth a trip from ATL just for that :-) haha!
Megan said…
I know where the blue eyes come from (!!!) but what about the blonde hair? It looks like its getting lighter all the time. Looks like Ava had a good 1st birthday! Let's figure out a time to get together and catch up soon, it's been way too long :)

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...