Skip to main content

We're Baaaaack!

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost 3 weeks since I've posted anything.  But, let's be honest - it's been a busy few weeks.  Clearly, I wasn't busy taking photos, as I only have 3 to show on this post. 

Let's recap what's been going on in the Goers' household:

New siding for our house...!  This is a project that we've been talking about doing for years, and we finally found someone that had the right product and the right price.  Our house is no longer a light peach color, it's Tuscan Clay with white accents.  It looks so shiny and fresh!  Now, we just need to work on our monster of a garage...

I was in Palm Springs for eight, verrrrrry loooooong days.  I was staffing a travel program for one of my favorite clients, so at least I liked who I was supporting while there.  I hadn't traveled for work since May 2007, and honestly, I don't miss it.  I guess everything changes once you have a kid.  I missed Ava like crazy, and kept seeing kids her age around the hotel.  I did call to talk to her every night, and got lots of "I love you, Mommy!" from our conversations.  I also got a text from her, unbeknownst to Scott.  It was blank, but still, a text.  She's light years ahead of Scott in that area.

The view from my hotel room - I love that we could see the snow in the mountains while it was 90-degrees in the desert!


 I staffed a dine-around at Hog's Breath, Clint Eastwood's restaurant.  This is the closest I got to seeing him.


While I was gone, I also celebrated my 34th birthday.  Well, celebrate isn't really the word for it.  The staff I was working with are fabulous, and had a cake and ice cream brought to our work room, and then we all went out for a very tasty Mexican dinner.  Not a bad second place considering I wasn't at home with Scott and Ava.

Oh!  We also saw Rosanna Arquette at our hotel.  I was helping with a tradeshow, and happened to walk right by her in the hallway.  Kinda fun to see someone famous!

I've been busy at work - we'll just leave it at that.  Good busy, but busy nonetheless.

Scott's been incredibly busy with side jobs - he's working on getting a client base for his heavy equipment profession, so he's been taking all of the side jobs he can.  It's been great for him, but it also means we don't see him as much.  We miss him!

My parents are in the process of moving back to Colorado, so Scott just got back today from a whirlwind trip to KC to pick up a load of items to bring back to our house.  Poor guy is passed out on the couch right now...we're glad he made it home safely.

I've been focusing on the Race for the Cure, which I'll be participating in tomorrow at the Mall of America.  Let me clarify - I'm not really racing.  My good friend Emilie and I will be doing the walking portion of it.  I'm looking forward to supporting the boobies of the world!

And Ava, my how she has changed in the last three weeks.  I swear, she grew 5 feet while I was gone.  She's speaking in full sentences (when she wants to), which makes it a heck of a lot easier to understand her.  The other day she looked at me and said, "Mommy, I want oranges" (meaning mandarin oranges.)  Such a simple sentence, but it blew me away that she used a noun and a verb, etc.  Look what happens when Mommy goes away...next time I travel, she'll probably learn how to fly a plane or something...!

In general, she's still our happy, sassy little girl who continues to crack us up on a regular basis.  Her latest thing is to put her feet on the dinner table when she's done (yes, we're trying to break this habit.)  We tell her to put her feet down, and then she looks at her feet, and says, very sternly, "Down feet!  Down toes!" and proceeds to push them down, while her feet "refuse" to move.  Oh, and I think I got my first mis-truth from her the other day.  She had a mittened finger (don't ask) up her nose, and when I said, "Ava, are you picking your nose?" she looked at me, said "no", pulled the finger out and proceeded to wipe it on me.  Thank goodness there was nothing on it, but sheesh, let's not lie about something we can plainly see is happening.

Who needs fancy toys when you have an empty box?


I'm sure there's been a million other things that we've experienced over the last 21 days, but honestly, I can't remember them all.  I'm 34 now.  I'm old.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mothers I know.  You are beautiful and so appreciated!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Too funny! Both our boys have gone through the stage of feet on the table and the more we'd tell them to get their feet off the table, the funnier they thought it was and the more they'd do it. It's pretty cute though :-)

Glad to hear your trip went well and you're now back in your normal routines.

Happy Mother's Day to you!
Lisa said…
Dylan is constantly rest his feet on the table. :)

That's so sweet that Ava told you "I love you" while you were gone!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...