Skip to main content

Birthdays and Bass

My birthday celebration ended with a dinner out with Scott last Saturday night. It didn't turn out quite as we expected/wanted, but it was still good to get away for a short time and go to a new (to us) restaurant. When we got home from dinner, Pria and I took a nice, long walk, which resulted in us both getting very chilly by the time we wrapped it up. Brrr!


Pria is such a socially awkward dog. She hides behind trees and peeks out to watch other dogs go by. And then she stares at them for a really, really long time! It's like she might want to say HI to them, but doesn't know how to.


Big, exciting news for Ava from last weekend...we bought her an early birthday present - a bass guitar! The one that she really wanted had an issue with the electronics (it had a frog peeking over the top), so between a few other options, she picked out the one you see below. Her music instructor (who is teaching her bass at school) was really happy to hear that she had one of her own to practice and play on at home. We don't have an amp, a cord, or any of the fun things yet, but...those seem to be good things she can get as upcoming birthday presents. 

She was practicing her trumpet last night, randomly playing something new, and she also was teaching herself some new stuff on the bass, as well. I love to see that big smile!


Being silly on a Saturday morning :)


G didn't have quite as much fun this past week. His spring allergies popped up a few weeks ago when we had warm weather. He started taking his allergy meds and using his prescription eye drops from last year, but they didn't seem to be helping. It got bad enough that I took him back in for a checkup on Thursday afternoon. With all of the recent rubbing of his eyes, he also managed to pick up pink eye. Yay. So, I kept him home from school on Friday, and he took advantage of his "sick" day and watched TV all day. He was happy and quiet, and that worked out for me since I had a bunch of work to get done.

G's doing great with his two prescription eye meds. One is an ointment which you put in the lower eyelid. Yuck. I thought was going to be a challenge for him, but he's been a champ and doesn't complain. I think he's just so happy that his eyes aren't swollen, red, itchy, and goopy any more. And hopefully once the weather warms up again, the new allergy eye drops will work better this time!

Scott's been working a ton over the last few weeks, so it'll be nice to have him home on Sunday. Grandma Deb will be joining us for some turkey dumpling soup, so we're looking forward to having some good 1:1 time with her to end the weekend on a high note.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...