Skip to main content

Back at it!

We dove back into the five day school/work week this week. Swimming, taekwondo, volunteering at the high school, working at night (deployment), and TWO evening birthday parties (both for friends of G.) It was a crazy week, and with the two birthday parties and Easter this weekend, I don't foresee much of a chance to relax.

But, busy times like this do make the days fly by! The highlight for me and G this week was the birthday party we attended last night. One of his good friends rented out a movie theater for the release of the Super Mario Brothers (a kids movie, but one that was enjoyable for the adults, too.) We had pizza, cupcakes, popcorn, and the ability to let the kids run loud and wild in the theater. It was a really great idea and a fun way to spend a Friday night.

Tonight will be a matter of dropping G off at a trampoline park, and then Scott, Ava, and I can take a break and eat dinner at a nearby restaurant. And when we pick up G he should be tired and worn out (or maybe hyped up on sugar...I'm not really sure?)

But if he doesn't get enough sugar then, I'm sure the Easter Bunny will be bringing some sweets to share tomorrow. We're looking forward to hosting the grandparents tomorrow afternoon, and are excited to visit and chat with them for a bit. And eat really yummy ham. Scott makes a great Easter dinner!

Happy Easter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...