Skip to main content

"Mom & G Day" Extravaganza!

G and I had such a fun day on Friday. I had taken the day off to spend with him, and we've been making plans for the day for the last few weeks. One thing that was struck from the agenda was a trip to the pool...mostly because we didn't have time for it unless we went at 8am. And it's cold then!

Ava joined us for a breakfast out at a local restaurant (Suzie's Kitchen) and then we stopped at Aldi's on the way home to stock up on some goodies for the upcoming week. We bought their pain au chocolat last week, and YUM. It was so good - we had to get more!


After we brought Ava and the groceries home, G and I headed off to Patterson (my workplace) so I could drop something off and give him a quick tour of the office. They're going to do some major remodeling to switch to the hybrid/WFH options that they gave us, so it was fun to show him what it is like now (and who knows when I'll get there again to show him the changes.) 

We then scooted over to Costco, and then off to the Mall of America. We focused on the LEGO and M&M stores at the MoA, and really racked up some steps while there. He was just at the MoA on Wednesday with the Y program at the Crayola Experience, so it wasn't a novel tour for him. He was happy just hitting up the two places that we wanted to go to.


So many individual LEGOs to purchase...I'm still curious how someone could get at the bricks at the higher levels...


Yummy!


We then went to IKEA for lunch, and also to find him a cat stuffie. Ava has Squeakums, a rat stuffie, so he wanted to get his own toy from there. We had a great time walking around, looking at everything. But, I could tell he was getting anxious to get home so he could build his Yellow Taxi set from LEGO. But, did we head home at that point? Oh no! I wanted to check out this new(ish) popcorn and ice cream store in Apple Valley. It did not disappoint. We got three different kinds of popcorn (cheese, caramel/cheese/plain, and unicorn), and then decided to stay for a few scoops of ice cream. It was a real treat to find such a place so close to home. Two Seeds Popcorn - check it out!

Lunch at IKEA


Eating Superman ice cream!


Then we made a not-as-fun stop at Home Depot. I needed to replace my dead peacock plant with a snake plant, so G helped me pick out the newest plant baby in our family. He even kept it safe on the drive home. :)

After a very full day together, we went our separate ways when we got home. He built his taxi and I read. And napped! He woke me up because I was snoring. I told him that wasn't nice (sorry for all the times I did this to you, Scott...) But, we got over it and headed over to a neighbor/friend's house for the evening. The kids had a blast playing, and the moms (book club friends) had a nice time catching up. Our hostess, Kristin, just got a new puppy, so it was fun to the absolutely adorable new bernedoodle! We didn't get home until 11pm, so you know it was a good night!

It's been raining today, thank goodness, so G and I are hanging at home for the rest of the day. We're going to watch a movie tonight, and eat buttered noodles. We ate so much food yesterday that we need some plain and simple stuff in our bellies.

And lest you think that we're simply ignoring Scott and Ava, we're not. They are up north this weekend, spending some time with Dan (Scott's best friend) and his family. Sounds like they are having fun with four-wheeling, small bonfires, and relaxation. I'm glad they had a chance to get up north for a bit - I know Scott hasn't been up there as much as he has wanted to in the last year. And it's great to have Ava get out of the house and hang out with people. She needs that socialization!

Scott and I had a great time out last Saturday night, playing VINGO (video bingo) at a local bar


This hair...so fluffy, like a baby chick. This doesn't even look like G...


We are being overrun with zucchini from our garden. We've already given a lot away to our neighbors, but there is still more to come!


The kids also had a joint bit of excitement at Taekwondo this week. They tested for and received their fourth stripe! Next up is the yellow belt (we think), but we believe that requires breaking some boards, which they haven't done yet. Maybe soon?


Looking forward to seeing the grass green up a little bit, and hopefully put a little bit of water back into our state, since we're in a drought this summer. I have never been so excited to see lightening and thunder as I was this morning, even though it woke me up. We need the rain!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...