Skip to main content

Dreamin' of Travel

You know how G loves to build with Legos? This week he created a full cityscape of NYC. It includes the Empire State Building (and other buildings), the Statue of Liberty, a mini figure dressed up as the Statue of Liberty, and a yellow cab. He's ready to go to the Big Apple! I'm not ready to take him there on a solo trip, but I have a feeling that in the next year or so, we'll be making the trek east. Get ready, Steph, we're coming your way! :)


Speaking of travel...I made a tough decision this week not to go to the annual doTERRA convention in Utah in September (I bought both my convention ticket and airline ticket back in May, so I've had this planned for a while.) I am so disappointed, sad, and angry that the COVID numbers have shot back up. I just didn't feel comfortable traveling and being in an arena with so many people. My heart is a little more light now that I've made that decision, but argh, I'm frustrated! I am going to keep those two days off of work, and will partake in the convention virtually. I know it won't be the same, but, at least I'll be able to absorb it real time.

Update in Taekwondo...the kids broke some boards this week and earned a red stripe for their white belt. I'm so excited for them! Classes are on hiatus for a little bit with the schools needing to get ready for classes to begin, but I know both kids will be anxious to get back to it next month.



G spent Friday with Grandma Deb at the Dakota County Fair...and it sounds like they had a blast! Lots of fun things to look at, games to play, great food to eat, and even a few rides. The weather has been really nice lately (we could still use a lot of rain) so it hasn't been as hot and muggy as it was earlier in the summer. Perfect weather to be outside enjoying the end of summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...