Skip to main content

Where's the Tooth?

We had so much fun last Saturday! The kids played together incredibly well, and we ended up heading out to Cherry Berry for a fun reward for them accomplishing some goals this summer. Ava wanted the super big container, and I wisely said no. She loaded up her container, which, for the record, was still pretty big, with all sorts of yummy goodness...and ended up eating it all! G and I had a blast mixing different flavors and candies to top off our sweet treats. He had very vague (good) memories of going to Cherry Berry with my parents a few years ago...and he was happy to try it again!

Yum, yum!


Playing together nicely...Lego adventures!


We ran a few errands after that, and even ran into a co-worker from my last job. It was so crazy to see her, but it was nice to catch up for a few minutes. After that discussion, I talked to G about the importance of being patient...sometimes it's not fun waiting while adults are having conversations, but he still needs to try his best. It's a work in progress...

Last Saturday night we stayed home and enjoyed watching the Leprechaun Day fireworks from our guest bedroom window. I love the fact that we have a perfect view...without needing to be outside with the bugs. Leprechaun Days was a great success this year, and I'm already looking forward to enjoying it next summer!

Ava and I went shopping on Tuesday night and spent some really good quality time together. We bought her back-to-school outfit, and made plans to get her picture day outfit on the day that I'm taking off to spend with her. She's such a joy to be around...she's so considerate and thoughtful, and even helped to pick out G's back-to-school and picture day outfits, too (he decided he didn't need to be available to approve them before purchase. :) )

After dinner on Tuesday night, I heard G getting upset in the bathroom. When I asked him what happened, he wailed, "I swallowed my tooth!" I reassured him that the Tooth Fairy would still come to visit him, and we decided he would make a fake tooth for her to take with him. He even took it a step further and wrote her a note, letting her know it was a fake tooth so she wouldn't get confused. I thought his honesty was sweet and refreshing. Side note to G: if the cookie is extra crunchy, it might be your tooth, not the Oreo. LOL

"Dear The Tooth Fairy... This is not my real tooth. I swallowed my real tooth. I made a fake tooth to replace [it]."


The kiddos are spending the weekend with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey...yay! It's been a really long time since we've had a kid-free weekend. Scott and I went out for dinner on Friday night and then had a quiet night out on the 2nd deck. 

On Saturday, the goal is to get some projects done around the house and head out for another nice dinner. Our new fire table arrived today, so I'd like to get that put together, along with adding some new solar lights to the 2nd deck. It's been a wonderful addition to the house, and I can't wait until this fall when it gets a bit cooler and we can really put that fire table to use!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...