Skip to main content

Spring Break 2019

So many of my friends have been on amazing spring break vacations over the last few weeks, I'm a bit sad that we didn't go anywhere warm to thaw out for a bit. But, to be fair to the MN weather, the snow is almost all gone, and it got up in the 60's this past week.

I needed some fresh air on Friday, so after a quick lunch, I hopped on the walking trail right by work, and walked my way halfway around the lake. It felt so good to be out in the sunshine! To walk to the other side of the lake and back is about a 30 min walk, at a quick pace. Perfect for my lunch break!


We had a pretty low key week with few activities - all of this free time gave us a chance to spend more family time together!

Yesterday, while Scott was working, the kids and I made a donation stop at the vet, picked up Grandma Karen and went to the craft show in Rosemount, went out for lunch, and stopped in at my favorite shop in Rosemount, where I splurged on two new candles (happy early birthday to me!) Fast forward a few hours later and I packed up the kids again to get G looking sharp for his upcoming spring pics (he got a haircut) and then we met up with Scott for an early dinner. And that's when things got a little heated. Literally.

The first time we took Ava to a restaurant with hibachi grills, we prepped her and let her know there would be fire and loud noises as they cook in front of you. Ooops - looks like we forgot to do that for G, as he completely freaked out when there was a fire (controlled of course) at the table next to ours. There were screams and tears, and everything in between. I finally got him calmed down enough, where he was able to be in the same room and (somewhat) enjoy the show.

The chef could see (in advance) that G was very skittish and offered not to do it, but we asked him to proceed so it didn't ruin the show for the other family at the table. Twice, G and I got up and walked away from the table so we could watch the fire. And by the end, G loved it! He thought the food was good and the chef was entertaining. I think he'd do much better the 2nd time around, but...we may wait a bit as it was not a relaxing meal for me. :)

Ava, of course, had no issue with the fire, and was sweet and pleasant the entire meal. Man, how did we end up with such very different kids?


To celebrate the fact that we survived dinner, Scott and Ava went to DQ and picked up Dilly Bars for us, and then we watched movies and played a massive round of Tractor-opoly (like Monoply, but with a tractor theme.) Actually, let me clarify, I watched TWO movies, while Scott and the kids played the game. We were all squished in the guest room (not sure why) and it was hours before we emerged again. After a busy day/early evening with the kids, I was quite okay to tune out and let Scott manage the game play with the kiddos.


One of the movies was Legally Blonde, so Ava paid a bit of attention to it. We're going to be attending the Legally Blonde musical next month at one of the local high schools, so I wanted her to see what the story was about. Fun!

Looking forward to a day with ZERO plans, so I can get stuff done around the house, at my own pace. Love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...