Skip to main content

Is that the Sun?!

I’m not really sure what we did this week. We worked, went to school and daycare, but beyond that, it was a blur. And that’s ok! Not every week has to be super exciting and fun.

Ava did manage to raise the most money at her elementary school for the American Heart Association fundraiser this year. Heart health is an important issue for both sides of our family, and we appreciate the donations that were made. Thank you!

G had a pretty good week...I think? He received an adorable stuffed Chase (Paw Patrol) from one of his teachers. G worked hard to solve a puzzle and Chase was his reward. That was so thoughtful, and G loves it so much!

We also had a nice Skype session with Grandma Deb last night...it was her birthday, and the kids sang all sorts of birthday songs to her. Happy Birthday, Grandma Deb!

Both Scott and I had the chance to go out to (different) happy hours this week. It was great to catch up with some friends from my previous job. I miss them, but I am still very thankful that I took the risk to move to a new company. Things are going well in my new position, and I’m learning so much every day. 

The weather finally cheered up around here...it was sunny and warm the last few days. Looks like the first day of spring brought the sunshine! The massive snow piles are almost gone and we can see the dead, brown grass again. Hooray! I even washed all of the snow pants and outdoor gear, in hopes that they won’t be needed any more in the next month. We'll see if I just jinxed it instead...

These are just some pics from the past week...we love these two!



Hello, Puppy!


Butterfly!


I am so lucky that G loves to snuggle as much as he does. Neither Ava nor Scott are very snuggly people, so at least I get my snuggle fix from my little guy!


Looking forward to a walk with my mom later this afternoon. It doesn't look like it's supposed to rain, and it'll be almost 50 degrees. Seems like a great way to enjoy the brisk air and get some good mom-daughter time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...