Skip to main content

Amazing Smokey Eye!

Mom, Ava, and I battled the blizzard warning last Sunday, and headed to the American Girl store in the MOA. Truth be told, it was a sunny, lovely day, and it was just the wind that was questionable. I’m so glad we didn’t let that warning keep us from our planned adventure...we enjoyed the meal, and then did some serious shopping at the mall after that. Ava was incredibly patient and didn’t complain when Mom and I took far too long at DSW!




G hasn't been to the MOA yet, so I had to take a pic to show him the cool Paw Patrol area that he will get to play in!


On Tuesday night, we went to a local spot for dinner and the kids got their faces painted. Ava went with a big, bushy, sparkly mustache, while G went with an adorable panda face to match his newest stuffy....a panda, of course. The only issue with the panda face was that it did not come off around the eyes! I worked at it for 10 minutes that night, and he still had residue that I couldn’t remove. Let’s just say he went to daycare for the next several days with a fantastic smokey eye!




Mid-removal process...not happy!


This is the best I could do! Look at that smokey eye!


Ava’s final music program took place this past Thursday...the 5th graders did a great job! The last song was awesome...all the kids sang, while different kids came out in the middle of them and did funny dance moves, cartwheels, flips, etc. It looked like they were all having so much fun!

Afterwards we headed out to dinner and accidentally met up with two boys in her class, so...the three 5th graders enjoyed dinner together, while their families were left behind (not physically, just metaphorically!)

Ava's sitting down in the front...you can see a big blue bucket ("drum") in front of her





G was somewhat patient during the singing...he joined in once in a while...


We're so PROUD of her!


G’s been a popular boy this weekend. He was invited to a birthday party for his neighborhood bestie yesterday morning. The venue was really cool - and I’m thinking it might be a great option for G’s 6th birthday this year! G is going to ANOTHER birthday party this afternoon, so he’s had a lot of time outside of the house, playing this weekend. We had to book time on his schedule to hang out with him, so we enticed him to see The LEGO Movie 2 with us last night. It was a great way to spend a Saturday night!



We’re overwhelmed with snow right now, and are anxiously awaiting warmer weather. Although, when the sun I see shining, the snow doesn’t seem quite as bad...


This is right outside of Ava's 2nd story window...there are several inches of snow on that peak of the roof, pushing it right up to her windowsill. You can't see it here, but it was really sparkly, like diamonds, in the sunshine.


When covered with snow, it appears that my car has a mustache. Ava and my car could trade tips on the best way to keep those 'staches under control!


For today...we're just trying to stay warm...it's chilly outside! When is that spring weather going to be here?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...