Skip to main content

Peace!

Well, we got some more snow last night...not as much as expected, but enough to cover up all of the snow-free areas that the rain unveiled yesterday. There is absolutely no chance that we will have any sort of drought this year. There is so much snow everywhere!I looked ahead to the temps and am a bit happy to see that there are no single digit temps (highs or lows) in the forecast for the next 10 days, AND, the only precipitation is supposed to be rain. We're inching, very slowly, to spring!

It has been non-stop busy this week...Monday I had a 7am dentist appointment. What a way to kick off the week! Tuesday is Ava's baton class night, so that's always a full evening.  Scott also said good-bye to his red truck, and we welcome this lovely new blue one to our family.


Wednesday night, Scott and I got our taxes done...things were going so well, even though we had to file our personal, Scott's business, and his deceased uncle's taxes. We had almost wrapped everything up and were going to head out for a quick dinner, and then, I pulled out a form that required us to amend our 2017 taxes. And that took a full hour to dig through how this situation needed to be handled. We didn't get dinner that night, and ended up having to pay in money for 2017. Needless to say, we were crabby by the end of the evening!

Thursday night I had PTO, and learned that Ava told her 1st grade teacher (and the one who I want G to have for Kindergarten) that G is NOT ready for Kindergarten, and that he's basically a stinker. So, now G has a reputation preceding him in Red Pine! Mrs. M was totally ok with that comment and loved Ava's delivery of her analysis of G. Plus, Mrs M. has 3 boys of her own, so she knows how to handle little boys!

I also had my first big production release for my job, late on Thursday night. I've been working on the team to implement the new look to the dental site, and the first phase was released on Thursday night. It was a great success, and leadership and sales are very pleased with how it came together. I told my manager that I am so happy that I am working there, and she shared that she is very pleased that I'm there, as well. As much as I miss my old co-workers, making this job change was the best decision for me!

Friday was a quick happy hour to celebrate the release, and then we had family pizza/movie night at home. So, that means the kids watched a movie and Scott and I slept on the couches. We were exhausted!

Saturday was a pretty fun day...Ava had her final baton competition/performance for the year. Her class usually has six girls, but only three were able to make it yesterday, Regardless, they did great! And, since they are a performance team, and not a competitive team, they never get awards - but yesterday, they got pins, so it was nice for them to be included and recognized at the end!




Ava also had her spring picture day this past Wednesday, and because I opted in to receive a digital version of the photo, I had early access to see what her photo turned out like. It's a great pic of her, but when I saw her pose, I wasn't too happy. I asked why she did that, and she told me that they got to choose their own pose. It took me a bit, but I do like it now. It's exactly who she is, and will be a great memory of her time in elementary school!


We're all looking forward to a slightly less busy, and less snowy week ahead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...