Skip to main content

Pumpkin Brains

Should I be worried that Garrett was super excited to see how the brains were going to get out of the pumpkins last night? Thank goodness for Ava...I turned my back for 2 seconds and he picked up a knife and was trying to poke a hole in one of the pumpkins. Luckily, his big sis stopped him and took it away!

I feel like the entire year is a lead up to this time. G's birthday kicks off the holiday chaos for us...his birthday is TODAY (Happy 4th Birthday to my most favorite little boy...you are so loved!), Halloween is Tuesday, and in a few short weeks, we will be eating turkeys and giving thanks. And then shortly after that, we'll be kissing under the mistletoe and leaving cookies and eggnog out for the fat man in a red suit. And THEN we'll be bidding adieu to this really weird year and welcoming a new one. We can then take a break for a bit, until we head to Florida in February for a visit with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey. There is so much to do in such a short amount of time. It's fun, chaotic, magical, and exhausting!

G loves to have his animals be in the pictures!



Back to last night...Ava had picked up the biggest pumpkin possible at her baton class (they were giving pumpkins to all of the students,) so we had to gut that one. I had picked up two much smaller ones a while ago, and I knew we were only going to carve one of them. I had bought a surface etching kit, so doing that with one of the pumpkins was my contribution. The whole process was so much easier with an extra set of (Ava) hands. Ava designed the faces, Scott cut, Ava scooped, and then Scott carved the two pumpkins. I etched mine and was then responsible for the finer details on cleaning up the pumpkins. G ran around with a Sharpie (argh) and supervised the whole process. Teamwork!
 






Ava had her Harvest Party at school on Friday, so she's tested out her costume already. G has a Halloween party on Tuesday at daycare and since I took the day off, I'm going to stop by and "oooh" and "ahhh" over all of the adorable kids. We're planning on having pizza with the neighbors on Tuesday night and then heading out in the 'hood to beg for candy...and we adults will sip wine while walking. Fun for all!

We also have Ava's first conferences on Wednesday night, and I have a fun girls happy hour planned for Thursday night. I'm ready for next weekend already! Did I mention it's hunting season, so I'll be missing my other half during some upcoming days, too.

Ok, time to get this birthday day started! The pups from Paw Patrol will be calling G this morning to wish him a happy birthday...can't wait to see what he thinks about that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...