Skip to main content

Fire truck, Fairy, and...Fiber

We're still struggling with potty training G. He is so good with #1 (until he gets lazy) but #2 is a serious challenge. On Monday, he went to bed with a hard, extended belly...something we hadn't seen since we took him to the hospital a few years ago, and he ultimately had his appendix removed. I knew that wasn't the issue this time! His belly was nice and squishy in the morning, so I think he had some serious gas lurking inside. Poor kid.

The next night, I forced him to stay on the potty before bed, and we were all able to do the Potty Dance when he was done. The size of things that come out of those little bodies is astounding. And, I also made the decision that he is getting a fiber supplement each morning. The pediatrician had recommended it for Ava, and it's working miracles for her. So, he's getting a smaller portion...and I'll be discussing more with his dr in a few weeks (for his 4-year checkup. FOUR!!! How did that happen??)

This was a super busy week for all of us...PTO meetings, work, spelling tests, trips to the MN Zoo, trips up north, and lots of movie watching. Ava and Scott have been gone since Friday afternoon. Scott needed to make sure his deer stand was ready for hunting season, so he took her up north with him. It sounds like they've had lots of fun...bonfires, 4-wheeler rides, and enjoying the weather. G and I have had an awesome time eating mac and cheese, watching movies, and snuggling on the couch. It's been wonderful to hang out with just my little man.

I've also been busy tackling some bigger cleaning projects. While G was enjoying Mickey Mouse on Friday night, I struggled to make toilet fizzies. Let me explain...lol. It's a mixture of citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and lemon essential oil. It smelled amazing in our kitchen...like there was a lemon cake baking! I had a hard time getting the consistency just right, and perhaps added too much water. All I can say is that it was very, very messy. But, once this batch is gone, I'm going to try again until I get it right! The idea is that I can just drop one of the fizzies in the toilet, and with the fizzing action, it helps clean the toilet so there's no more scrubbing needed. Plus, there aren't any nasty chemicals involved, which makes it even better. I'm really amping up my arsenal of natural cleaning supplies around the house!

I also finished up my acorn DIY project, so I now have a lovely fall piece sitting on the table in our entryway. And I purchased a new fall-themed runner, and re-did the centerpiece on our table, so we are set for the season. I may have been spending a lot of time on Pinterest lately...heehee. Plus, at the end of baton class this week, each of the girls got to choose a pumpkin to bring home. So, now our front porch has some lovely mums and the 40 lb pumpkin that Ava picked. It's huge!

Sounds like my little duders (yes, that's my name for him) is up and about...I think he's searching our upstairs looking for me. I keep hearing doors open and close. Oh, there he is!

Good morning, sunshine! And there's Lucky, snoozing in the background...


Time to get this day started! It's going to be beautiful today...a glorious fall day to spend outside!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...