Skip to main content

My Healers

Yet another busy week that has flown by in no time. Last Monday, Ava made a comment that she wished it was Saturday...I told her that we all agree with that statement...

On Monday, G's daycare went on a field trip to a local apple orchard. We've been so busy this fall that we weren't able to squeeze in a trip to get apples OR pumpkins. Good thing he brought home plenty of apples to share with all of us! In addition, they learned all about pumpkins and the letter "P" this week. Guess who was finally able to join G at daycare this week? G's favorite stuffed animal, Puppy! We've been waiting for the letter "P" to be the letter of the week so he could hang out with G at daycare!

Ava's doing really well in school, but this week, she brought home some math homework that even Scott and I couldn't figure out. There was one problem that we worked on for a while, and was never able to come up with a solution, so we sent her back to school with unfinished homework. The teacher's response was that she needed to complete it. And our response was that she needs help from the teacher. This is the first time we haven't been able to help her with the homework...and both of us are pretty good at math. So, that was a bit frustrating!

I ended up picking up some sort of bug later in the week...sore throat, runny nose, cough, headache, stomachache, and vomiting. I mean, really...that's a whole lot of nastiness all at once. Scott had to work yesterday on his side business, so the kids ended up taking care of me. There was a whole bunch of snuggles, cartoons, movies, and drinking water. And today, I feel a million times better. What an amazing group of healers that I live with!

 
Puppy and Butterfly joined in the fun!




Just a few other random shots from this week...it's been a rainy and nice week, all at once. I was driving home the other night, and it was gray and drizzly heading east. But, there was the most beautiful sunset taking place behind me. I wish I was able to capture the amazing colors, but this picture doesn't do it justice!


Our boss' name is Jamie. There was a full page ad in the Wall Street Journal that started off with "Maybe Jamie will fire you." Carey and I thought it would be hilarious to leave it on the chair of a co-worker who had been on vacation since last week. We were right - he laughed when he came back into work. Actually, a bunch of people got a kick out it!


Today is going to be busy...I have to catch up on everything I didn't do yesterday when I was feeling yucky. AND, my new laptop came last week, so I want to start moving things over so I can begin playing with it! Sunday Funday for sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...