Skip to main content

Glorious Colors

Yes, Minnesota is a bit chilly in the winter, but the other seasons are beautiful. And to be honest, the winter also has its own special beauty. It's only when it gets to be 30 below, or the snow makes it impossible to drive, that I get a bit grumbly about it. But, I know those days are short-lived, and more beautiful days will follow.

This time of year is amazing...the colors, the warmth, the anticipation of the holidays...it's a very special time. With the wonderful temps and abundant sunshine we had this week, I was able to enjoy the weather several times over my lunch hour throughout the week. There's a park by work that I had never really walked through, but this week, I went there several times to explore. There are great paved paths, plentiful benches for enjoying the scenery, hidden overlooks, and itty, bitty snakes! They were so much fun to watch. They were sunning themselves on the path, and when they felt it was time to go, they would take off in this fascinating zigzag pattern. I tried to get a video of them slithering away but 1) they were too fast, and 2) I was having technical issues with my phone. The kids would have loved to see them! Scott would have thought I was crazy for watching them. Lol. He hates snakes!

 



This is in my neighborhood, not the park by work. The colors are so vivid!


Scott has been up north all weekend, so the kids and I have had lots of bonding time over the last few days. I had hoped to get them out to pick pumpkins and take some pretty pics yesterday, but the weather was crappy all day. We've watched A LOT of movies! And today, we might make some of Grandma Goers' banana bread. Best recipe ever! And so easy.

I made overnight oats this week, and have been using bananas in the recipe. G keeps eyeing my banana usage, as he gets very upset when bananas disappear without his knowledge. I figure when we make banana bread, he'll understand what happens to the bananas when they go past their ripe point. Hopefully, he'll like them in the bread, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...