Skip to main content

Never Alone

2017 is not off to a better start.  The election results and high amount of celebrity deaths of 2016 were unfortunate, but this past week, I suffered a personal loss. My friend and co-worker took her own life in the early hours on Friday morning.

This came as a complete shock. My friend was always smiling and bubbly, open about the issues she was facing in her life, and seemed to carry her life responsibilities well. We all face issues on a daily basis, but none of us imagined how much she must have been hiding behind her smile and laughter.

I'm so sad about this loss...sad for her husband, sad for all of her family, sad for her many friends who loved her, and incredibly sad for the two daughters she leaves behind. Her 13 and 8 year old girls will no longer have their mom to turn to in times of need, in times of joy, and in the times where they just want to get their mom's opinions on life.  I can't imagine my life without my mom's presence, and I can't imagine leaving my two children motherless (on purpose.)

Please say a prayer for the family and friends she left behind.

And PLEASE, if you are reading this and are in pain or know of a person in pain, let them know there are people who want to help. You/they are never alone.

National Suicide Prevention Line
Call 1-800-273-8255
Available 24 hours a day
Online chat

Love and hugs to you on this freezing Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...