Skip to main content

Moving Forward

These last few weeks have been exhausting. After being on vacation for so long, it's been tricky to readjust to coming back to work, plus there has been so much sadness lately. I think I need to take a step back and focus on what's most important to me: family, friends, being healthy, and feeling productive in life/at work. I can't let all of the other "stuff" suck me in.

I'm pretty sure that I'm one of the last people around who hasn't read any of the Harry Potter books or seen the movies.  I decided to take the plunge and join the masses. Since Ava is such an avid reader, I decided to make the investment to buy all of the books, so she can read them, as well. I'm almost done with book 4, while Ava is working on book 1. G seems fascinated as books as well, but he may have a few years before he'll be able to follow along!


One of my sweet co-workers has been buying Ava super cute socks at Target. We were discussing how the socks in the dollar bins were always for toddlers or adults...never for kids. But, she managed to find some at her Target, so she picked some up for us. They are so adorable...I wish they came in adult sizes!

Who wouldn't love unicorns and hearts!?


Scott has been busy framing our basement, and he's hoping to get some sheet rock up today. I like the way the plans are coming together...it will be great to have an extra space where we can have the kids play and hang out and be as loud as they want! Plus, we're working on converting our guest room to an upstairs movie/play room so they can hang out up there, too. (It sounds like we're working on ways to segregate ourselves from the kids, doesn't it?!)

We have so much positivity in our lives. I need to focus on those things to help get through the recent darkness. May you have a blessed week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...