Skip to main content

Alternate Wi-Fi

We have such a little smarty pants. According to Ava, "wi-fi" could also stand for wizard-fiction. And if that's the case, we are definitely surrounded by wi-fi! Note: this is not a post about alternates to the traditional wi-fi!

On the way to dinner last night, we were discussing Harry Potter; I have finished up the fourth book and Ava's still working on the first one. I have all of the movies, just waiting for us to watch them...and it's been driving me nuts to be so patient! My goal was that I would read the book before watching the corresponding movie (no issue,) but then Ava got into it, so I felt compelled to wait until she was through the book, too. She always has several different books that she's reading at one time, so this is taking her a long while to get through.

Yesterday, I decided to proceed with the movie watching.  We had to break it into a few different session, due to the length, but even G stopped playing with his cars at certain moments and focused on the movie. He especially liked the scene with the baby dragon. Overall, we really liked the movie and now need to carve out some more time to watch the next one. I love having a series of books and movies to look forward to enjoying in my downtime!

This was another super busy week.  I had Monday and Friday off, which makes it tricky to condense five days worth of work into three, plus, I had happy hours planned for Tuesday and Thursday nights. It was so nice being able to relax with friends for a few hours each night. The end of 2016 and the start of 2017 were hard. There have been so many negative things that have taken place...and I'm worried that it's not going to get better. I've even thought about taking a break from Facebook, as my feed is slowly becoming all political. And it's depressing.

Thursday's happy hour ended at The Volstead House...great atmosphere for catching up with a friend!


On a happier note...I enrolled G into a weekly sports program that focuses on teaching the basics of nine different sports. Last week, it was football and baseball. This week, it was basketball and tennis. And his coach's name is Garrett, too, which I think it doubly awesome! It seems that he's definitely enjoying his new class. We've kept him in his weekly soccer class, as well, so he's a busy boy. I'd like to squeeze in some swimming lessons, too, but don't want to overload him. Maybe this summer...

Ava is doing so well in school. She aces her weekly spelling tests, and is even getting to be pretty good at multiplication. She has a goal of reading 1000 minutes in February, in order to be a part of a special activity at school. Maybe she'll get through a few more Harry Potter books!

Showing off some sparkles and pink gloves that were in a surprise package to Ava from my aunt


Today should be a good day...Scott will be working on sheet rocking parts of the basement with my dad, and I'll be able to spend some time with my mom and the kids. Family is so important, and I'm glad that we're no longer separated by thousands of miles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...