Skip to main content

Fire truck, Fairy, and...Fiber

We're still struggling with potty training G. He is so good with #1 (until he gets lazy) but #2 is a serious challenge. On Monday, he went to bed with a hard, extended belly...something we hadn't seen since we took him to the hospital a few years ago, and he ultimately had his appendix removed. I knew that wasn't the issue this time! His belly was nice and squishy in the morning, so I think he had some serious gas lurking inside. Poor kid.

The next night, I forced him to stay on the potty before bed, and we were all able to do the Potty Dance when he was done. The size of things that come out of those little bodies is astounding. And, I also made the decision that he is getting a fiber supplement each morning. The pediatrician had recommended it for Ava, and it's working miracles for her. So, he's getting a smaller portion...and I'll be discussing more with his dr in a few weeks (for his 4-year checkup. FOUR!!! How did that happen??)

This was a super busy week for all of us...PTO meetings, work, spelling tests, trips to the MN Zoo, trips up north, and lots of movie watching. Ava and Scott have been gone since Friday afternoon. Scott needed to make sure his deer stand was ready for hunting season, so he took her up north with him. It sounds like they've had lots of fun...bonfires, 4-wheeler rides, and enjoying the weather. G and I have had an awesome time eating mac and cheese, watching movies, and snuggling on the couch. It's been wonderful to hang out with just my little man.

I've also been busy tackling some bigger cleaning projects. While G was enjoying Mickey Mouse on Friday night, I struggled to make toilet fizzies. Let me explain...lol. It's a mixture of citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and lemon essential oil. It smelled amazing in our kitchen...like there was a lemon cake baking! I had a hard time getting the consistency just right, and perhaps added too much water. All I can say is that it was very, very messy. But, once this batch is gone, I'm going to try again until I get it right! The idea is that I can just drop one of the fizzies in the toilet, and with the fizzing action, it helps clean the toilet so there's no more scrubbing needed. Plus, there aren't any nasty chemicals involved, which makes it even better. I'm really amping up my arsenal of natural cleaning supplies around the house!

I also finished up my acorn DIY project, so I now have a lovely fall piece sitting on the table in our entryway. And I purchased a new fall-themed runner, and re-did the centerpiece on our table, so we are set for the season. I may have been spending a lot of time on Pinterest lately...heehee. Plus, at the end of baton class this week, each of the girls got to choose a pumpkin to bring home. So, now our front porch has some lovely mums and the 40 lb pumpkin that Ava picked. It's huge!

Sounds like my little duders (yes, that's my name for him) is up and about...I think he's searching our upstairs looking for me. I keep hearing doors open and close. Oh, there he is!

Good morning, sunshine! And there's Lucky, snoozing in the background...


Time to get this day started! It's going to be beautiful today...a glorious fall day to spend outside!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh