When Arya, my mom, and I were in Chicago, I stumbled across an event site with events in cities all over the country. I found an Immersive Titanic exhibit in Minneapolis, and since G went through a HUGE Titanic phase when he was younger, this seemed like a perfect event to check out on a fall Sunday.
We took the light rail from near the MoA and rode it until the end of the line at Target Field. We had about a 10-minute walk from there to the nearby warehouse that held the Titanic exhibit. The exhibit had so much factual information, along with artifacts, and a full room where you could experience the event from nearby waters (no, we weren't actually in water) and see the messages being sent to nearby ships. It was very well-done, but also heartbreaking. So many small things happened leading up to the iceberg and the Titanic crossing paths at the same time. If only one of those small details had been changed, the sinking may never have happened. I left feeling informed, but also very sad.
G also enjoyed it - and of course he already knew many of the details that I learned during our attendance.
My mom and I are supposed to go to the Rosemount Band Festival tonight, but we'll see if the weather holds out. Go Irish! On Sunday, I'm heading to River Falls to take Arya out to lunch and spend time with her. Can't wait to see her!










Comments