Skip to main content

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights.

On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life!

We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school



Last day of high school!


Red Pine is a special school in the district, as some kids go to Rosemount and others go to Eagan. It was pretty neat seeing both colors of robes gathered out front for their final walkthrough. Rosemount is dark blue, Eagan is the lighter blue. 

They walked through Rosemount Middle School earlier that day, and a random kid was holding up a sign for her, referencing the drawings of egg people she would do for her 8th-grade advisory teacher. She's infamous!


Waiting for the ceremony to start at the UST arena



She did it!




Brynlee and Arya!

Right after the ceremony, Arya and I headed to the all-night senior party, while G had a friend spend the night (his friend's older brother was also graduating, and both of his parents were at the senior party, too, so we were happy to help them out so he wasn't home alone.) The party planners did a great job and made the new venue (historically it's been at the high school, but due to construction, that wasn't an option this year) a super fun place for the kids to be entertained until 5 a.m. 

Arya will start working normal hours at the daycare this coming week, so she had a lighter work schedule last week, which gave her a chance to rest and relax. She was also awarded another scholarship, secured her parking permit for next year, and was selected for early dorm/room assignment. She got into the hall that she wanted - all of the rooms have thermostat-controlled AC and heat! Yeah!

G also wrapped up his first year of middle school with a fun field trip to the movies, followed by lunch out with friends. I can't believe he's a 7th grader now! He's currently at the beach with a friend, living his best life. I'm so grateful for the friends that both of these kids have made over the years. We are surrounded by love!

Last day of 6th grade!


And a few non-school-related pics...Pria has been spending more time under my desk during the day. I giggled when I saw her nose stuck in my slipper!


Loved these clouds the other night


I keep waiting for the tears to come. They haven't. I'm thinking it might happen when we drop her off at college later this summer. Or, maybe I won't cry at all. I'm so happy for her and excited to see where her life leads her. So proud of our girl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...