Skip to main content

State Fair 2026

It's an amazingly different experience at the MN State Fair when you're not trying to chase a marching band all over the fairgrounds. My mom and I went this year and had the best time, strolling through the crowds, stopping to choose what food to try next, and sitting on benches to watch the world go by. It was probably one of the most relaxing times that I've spent in the decades of years that I have attended the fair. Already looking forward to next year!

On the bus - best way to get to the fair!




Blu beer with a frozen topper


Old Fashioned cookie dough on a stick


What a pretty name!


Such a small percentage of the 200,000+ people who were at the fair that day!


Have to watch the fish at the DNR building


Iced, blended mochas...so tasty!

Had lots of Pria moments this week...I like to send pics of her to Arya because I know she misses her (and vice versa) 



Slightly cow-like in this one

G and I took both of Arya's trumpets to a repair shop today. Her brass one needed lots of love; the silver one, not as much. Since Arya is done playing them, this seems like a good time to get them all cleaned up and ready for storage. After we dropped those off, I took him to a French cafe for lunch (the people next to us were only speaking in French - love!) And then he and I tried to find a trailhead to walk by a long creek on the west side of the cities...but they were all closed where we were at! So I took us a bit closer to home, and I am happy to say I've found a creek I can visit regularly...and it's only 15 min away from my house!



Rambling River Park (Vermillion River)




And we had a surprise visitor tonight! Arya was hanging out with a friend in our area, and after they went their separate ways, she stopped by for about an hour, so we had a chance to catch up. Yay!



Tomorrow, G and I are hitting up a Titanic exhibit in Minneapolis... it should be very interesting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...