Skip to main content

Movie Nights

Now that we only have one child at home (and no high school activities to schedule around) and the nights are getting darker earlier, we've been spending more time watching movies. We usually get one weekend night with G, and the next night he wants to be upstairs, chatting with his friends online. We've been down this path with Arya already, so we will take whatever time we have with him!

I love that he makes his own popcorn and gives some to me!


Scott likes to lie on the floor to watch movies


Pria just wants to sleep...and eat popcorn


These army men are everywhere in our house...


They moved upstairs, in formation


Last Saturday night, my mom and I went to the Rosemount Marching Band Festival. Even though it was chilly and damp, it was a fun night! It's very different when 1) you don't have a kid competing, and 2) the band that you're cheering on is performing in exhibition only...it was a much less stressful event for us!


This isn't the RHSMB, but I have missed sitting in the stands, watching the shows


Hugs from my little bug


Derpy ghost face cookies


Happy to stay under the curtain


There was a beautiful sunrise this morning...photos don't do it justice!




Last Sunday, I went to River Falls and hung out with Arya for several hours. I took her to lunch, then we went on a big shopping trip to Target. It was so nice to see her and catch up with her on how things are going at school. Her friend was in the ER the night before (she ended up having her appendix removed), so Arya was a great friend and waited there with her until her family could get there (they were from several hours away in Wisconsin). Moments like that show she's moving into adulthood, and she will need to be part of her friends' support system. She does it well!

This past Thursday, Scott and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary. He made a lovely dinner of smoked pork chops and salad, and tonight (Saturday) we're going out for a nice dinner. G is having dinner with my parents, and then heading over to a sleepover with some friends. Pria has to hold the house down, all by herself! It's going to be so weird to have zero kids in the house tonight. Another glimpse into the future...I keep telling myself that "healthy birds leave the nest". It's what they're supposed to do. But when will I stop missing Arya?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...