Skip to main content

Easter 2026

We celebrated a wonderful Easter Sunday with our small family at home, and then with my parents, Scott's mom, and brother at Deb's house. The sun was shining for the first time in days, which lifted everyone's spirits. The food was great, the conversation was flowing, and it was the perfect way to end the weekend.

The Easter Bunny loves these kids!



The EB didn't forget Pria!


On an Easter egg hunt...looking for the golden egg




Lovely tulips from Aldi - they were a bit sad when I brought them home, but fresh water perked them up within a day!


Love these two!



G had his first jazz band concert this past Tuesday. He had a lot of fun playing the music, but he decided it wasn't really his style. I'm glad he gave it a shot, though!



While G was playing jazz licks, Arya was performing in a Solo & Ensemble competition at RHS. She ended up earning a Superior rating, which surprised us, considering she decided to participate at the very last minute and didn't practice as much as she should have. I'm proud of her for trying something new, even though she really didn't want to.

The rest of the week was a bit of a blur...the kids both had Friday off from school for a staff day. Last one until Memorial Day - ha! I used some of my VTO time on Friday afternoon to help set up for the spring craft fair at RHS, and all I can say is thank goodness for the lacrosse team. They helped us move a ton of furniture, and it was so appreciated! My mom and I went to the craft fair on Saturday morning, and I was able to pick up so many fun things while checking off several gifts for upcoming celebrations!

Really happy that we don't have any other scheduled plans this weekend, as I need some downtime to focus on resting and being productive around the home. Happy weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...