Skip to main content

Wisdom is MIA

Just another week in the Goers' house...we saw a new movie, had four teeth removed, and I was on a Zoom with a former First Lady. No big deal, just another ordinary week. Ha!

G and I are ticking through our summer movie list. Toy Story 5 was next on our list. The plot was incredibly good at tugging at your heartstrings...all about children growing up and moving on in their lives. I loved it for that reason. G loved it because it inspired him to come home and play with toys in his room. He's at that age where kids start to phase out of playing with toys, but he's just not quite there yet. And I am a-ok with that! Being an adult isn't always fun, so I want him to stay a bit child-like for as long as he wants to.


On Friday morning, Arya had her wisdom teeth removed. Everything went incredibly well, surgery-wise. She currently has some swelling (to be expected), but her pain isn't too bad. Hooray! She was tough to manage during recovery, though. While the teenage boy in the next recovery room was talking about seeing the Michael Jackson movie, and how awful it was not to be able to eat popcorn for a month, my adult daughter was crying because she wanted to play Roblox. I was extra mean because I wouldn't give her the phone (the nurse advised me to wait until she was further out of recovery because the screen could make her feel nauseated.) This went on for at least 30 minutes...big tears, poking her tongue with her fingers, a sad, pouty face, telling me she wanted Dots in her belly, and then getting so excited when she learned she could have ice cream. Like, this is a life-changing level of excitement. It had its funny moments, but the most important thing was to try to keep her calm. And yes, she was eventually able to play Roblox when we headed home. Glad that's done and out of the way!

G is up north this weekend, living his best life, at a cabin weekend for a friend's birthday. Lucky guy! They've been playing online games, swimming in the lake, and exploring parts of MN and WI that he's never been to before. He's having a blast!

I also took him to our neighborhood pool earlier this week... he loves diving for the toys at the bottom. And apparently shooting water blasters at me.



A view from a grad party this weekend - such a perfect summer day in MN!


As for me...well, I was on a call this week with Jill Biden, and it was amazing. What a fantastic woman, with so much care and compassion in her heart. It gives me great hope that there are good people out there, and maybe we'll be okay in the end. 

I took my dad out for a Father's Day dinner last Saturday night. I am so incredibly grateful that we have the opportunity to spend time together. There are life-changing moments, beyond ice cream, that shape the way one looks at things. I will never, ever take for granted that my parents are both still alive, and live close enough that we can see them on a regular basis.

We also celebrated Scott last weekend, with a great steak dinner (he grilled it) and time spent together as a family. This is such a good time of year to slow down, appreciate the warmer weather, and take a beat to spend time with friends and family. Soak it all in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...