Skip to main content

Grand Champions 2024!

The RHSMB did it again! They are Class 4A champions, MN State Champions, and the overall Grand Champions for Youth in Music! They put on a great show last Saturday night at US Bank, and really earned those awards. My mom, Deb, and I headed downtown and had a good time chatting with other parents, meeting new people, and watching/listening to the performance. So glad we were able to attend!

"Sea of Gold" with the RHSMB on the field


The UW Eau Claire marching band played in exhibition during YIM finals this year. I love that they leave the field at the end of their performance and play for the remaining high school marching bands in the stands.



On Monday, G and I went to the Trunk or Treat event at his school. I'm happy that he gets to wear his costume more than just on Halloween. He doesn't have an official proton pack to wear, so his black backpack works well, plus, it's a great place to carry his candy!  



On Tuesday, G ran his last Fun Run ever! He ran 42 laps, and had fun while doing it. His school raised over $35,000 thanks to generous donors. This is the first time it hit me that we're going to be facing a lot of "lasts" this year...this is the final year in having a child at elementary school. I can't believe it!

Running with his class flag


Mom and I cheering for the runners!


After the run, G and I headed to the movies to watch "Wild Robot". He read the book last year in school and really wanted to see the movie. I cried. It was a great Tuesday! lol


It was another busy week with work, school, rehearsals, etc. Plus, both kids were off of school for MEA (but Ava had rehearsal from 9am-9pm on Thursday, spent Friday with Aaron, and then went to work for a few hours.) I think we were all happy to take it easy on Friday night! Scott headed up north so it was just the three of us, plus Pria!

Chatting with Ava at the end of a very long Thursday night


Pria got a new bed this week...she seems to like it!

We made personal pizzas for dinner - mine is on the left, G's is on the right. Ava's is not pictured.




The RHSMB leaves for St Louis on Thursday, so I spent some time on Saturday getting the goody bags ready to give to them for the long bus ride. The trumpet parents are very generous so we're able to provide the kids with some yummy treats. (You can't see it, but the bags are are more than half full :) )


This morning I realized how much I enjoy the quiet house before anyone else is up. I was snuggled up with Pria on the couch, enjoying my chai, watching the leaves fall outside. Approximately 10 min after I took this pic, G woke up, and the serene moment was lost. Oh well!


Tomorrow, I'm heading to the much anticipated Vikings vs Lions games at US Bank. I'm so excited - it should be a fantastic game! The NFC North is STRONG right now. SKOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...