Skip to main content

Let It Snow...and Snow Some More...

We had some seriously wintery weather this week. It snowed for at least three days, but first it started with lots of rain. And when rain freezes, what do we get? Ice! It was pretty slushy for a few days, and now there's enough snow cover that it's not as slick as it was earlier this week. These are the days that I'm grateful that I don't have my long commute into work anymore.

The view from our backyard...it's so pretty when the trees are fully covered in snow, too



Ironically, though, I did need to go into work on Thursday for our holiday party. And of course it was snowing. But, my team convinced me to brave the roads. It was really nice to see people in the office again, and enjoy a wonderful lunch provided by Patterson. Beef tenderloin, fancy appetizers, and SO MANY desserts! Plus, since I was dressed in festive attire, I was given one of the beautiful blue poinsettias to bring home.



The kids are counting down the days until winter break, but we managed to squeeze in another water park birthday party for G to attend, swimming lessons, marching band rehearsal, and taekwondo practice. G hurt his toe and was having a grumpy day, so he missed out on receiving his green belt in TKD. But, he'll get it next week when we go.

Yay, Ava!



And what has our little elf friend been up to? I'm so glad you asked! G received a letter from Santa this week (he's reading it in the pic below), and then he wrote a letter to Santa (for George to take back with him that night) which contained very specific requests for what kind of Mini-Brands Santa is going to bring for G. I wish Santa all of the luck with that!






December 11
"Went to a costume party! Guess who I am?"



December 12
"Fixing things is part of my repair-toire!"



December 13
"I could play this game FOUR-ever!"



December 14
"It's such a de-lite making art with you!"
It's the tiniest little working Lite Brite, it's so cute!



December 15
"Tic Tac Snow"
George showed up with this the night before it really started snowing...



December 16
"Can you get a strike?"
This was left on the same day that G was doing moonlight bowling in gym. George is so clever!



December 17
" I hope you brought your passport, because we are going snow-globe trotting!"


We wrapped up making the very last sweet treat earlier today...root beer float fudge. Not sure how it's going to turn out. It was a bit more tricky to make than regular fudge, and if it doesn't knock my socks off when we try it for the first time tonight, I may pass on making it again next year.

Almost all of the gifts are wrapped, and tonight, after dinner, we're going to drive around and look at Christmas lights. That is one of my all-time most favorite holiday things to do. I know Scott's not always a big fan, but he always indulges me because he knows how much I love it.

I can't believe that in one week, it's going to be Christmas! We are all looking forward to visiting with family, eating some yummy meals, and taking a much needed break. Hooray!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh