Skip to main content

Let It Snow...and Snow Some More...

We had some seriously wintery weather this week. It snowed for at least three days, but first it started with lots of rain. And when rain freezes, what do we get? Ice! It was pretty slushy for a few days, and now there's enough snow cover that it's not as slick as it was earlier this week. These are the days that I'm grateful that I don't have my long commute into work anymore.

The view from our backyard...it's so pretty when the trees are fully covered in snow, too



Ironically, though, I did need to go into work on Thursday for our holiday party. And of course it was snowing. But, my team convinced me to brave the roads. It was really nice to see people in the office again, and enjoy a wonderful lunch provided by Patterson. Beef tenderloin, fancy appetizers, and SO MANY desserts! Plus, since I was dressed in festive attire, I was given one of the beautiful blue poinsettias to bring home.



The kids are counting down the days until winter break, but we managed to squeeze in another water park birthday party for G to attend, swimming lessons, marching band rehearsal, and taekwondo practice. G hurt his toe and was having a grumpy day, so he missed out on receiving his green belt in TKD. But, he'll get it next week when we go.

Yay, Ava!



And what has our little elf friend been up to? I'm so glad you asked! G received a letter from Santa this week (he's reading it in the pic below), and then he wrote a letter to Santa (for George to take back with him that night) which contained very specific requests for what kind of Mini-Brands Santa is going to bring for G. I wish Santa all of the luck with that!






December 11
"Went to a costume party! Guess who I am?"



December 12
"Fixing things is part of my repair-toire!"



December 13
"I could play this game FOUR-ever!"



December 14
"It's such a de-lite making art with you!"
It's the tiniest little working Lite Brite, it's so cute!



December 15
"Tic Tac Snow"
George showed up with this the night before it really started snowing...



December 16
"Can you get a strike?"
This was left on the same day that G was doing moonlight bowling in gym. George is so clever!



December 17
" I hope you brought your passport, because we are going snow-globe trotting!"


We wrapped up making the very last sweet treat earlier today...root beer float fudge. Not sure how it's going to turn out. It was a bit more tricky to make than regular fudge, and if it doesn't knock my socks off when we try it for the first time tonight, I may pass on making it again next year.

Almost all of the gifts are wrapped, and tonight, after dinner, we're going to drive around and look at Christmas lights. That is one of my all-time most favorite holiday things to do. I know Scott's not always a big fan, but he always indulges me because he knows how much I love it.

I can't believe that in one week, it's going to be Christmas! We are all looking forward to visiting with family, eating some yummy meals, and taking a much needed break. Hooray!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...