Skip to main content

It's Just a Little Chilly

So it's been cold. Like, really cold. As in -36F with wind chill cold. And there's been a lot of snow. It's safe to say that we will definitely have a White Christmas this year. As I was letting Pria out earlier today, I noticed that she can barely peek above the snow from the little area that we shoveled for her. And, yes, she's not a huge dog, but I bet her eyes are about 15" off the ground. So...that's a lot of snow to try to look over.

In any case, we persisted, and carried on with our pre-holiday activities. We all wrapped up the work week and the school week (the kids' school was cancelled on the last day of the week due to the cold temps, so they get an extra day for their winter break - lucky!) and now we're heading full steam into the holidays.

For Christmas Eve, we are heading to my parents house for our traditional Christmas Even dinner of butterball soup and other goodies. Scott's mom will be joining us this year, which is an extra bonus for all of us. Christmas Day will be a quiet one at our house, with just the four of us. I enjoy the time with the kids and Scott, where we open gifts after breakfast, and then we each scatter our own ways to enjoy the blessings received from the day. Scott will be making us a wonderful prime rib dinner, which we enjoy every year!

And then we have a few days to rest (not really) and then 3/4 of us fly off to southern California for a week. Scott will be staying at home with Pria, and probably enjoying the peace and quiet! 

Don't forget to tune into the Rose Parade on Monday, January 2, 2023 (8am PT) and look for the Rosemount High School Marching Band!

 Ava will be in the second line after the RHS marching band sign, and will be the trumpet player on the far outside (if the band is coming directly toward you, she'll be on the right side.) Go Irish! We're looking forward to a fun week supporting our kiddos and getting to thaw out a bit from the MN weather!

Now for some random pictures from our week...

Our front porch planters look so pretty covered with snow (and the green porch light casting its glow)


As I was driving back from dropping G off at school one morning, I came around a corner, and was amazed by the sun peeking over the horizon. SO pretty!



We had dinner with our good friends last weekend and Santa showed up at the restaurant. What a wonderful surprise!


Ava sewed the most adorable little cat out of a sock...meet Reginald III


This guy finally got his green belt!


Out to dinner on Friday night. Due to the weather the restaurants were quiet, but it was nice to be out for a bit after this hectic week.


These two didn't cooperate to take a nice pic together...


Snuggling with Dad on Christmas Eve morning :)


And let's check in to see what George has been up to this week. Tonight (Christmas Eve) he'll fly back to the North Pole with Santa, so G was able to give him a hug today. Awww...!

December 18
George isn't taking this bike for a spin through the snow we have outside right now!


December 19
George is ready to let out some holiday aggression!



December 20
Elf Chess...too bad none of us know how to play!



December 21
"Can you find the hidden ball?"



December 22
The message to G said "Tis the season to be jolly!"



December 23
"It's hip to be square but I'd rather be a cube!"



December 24
A pool game for G and a Goodbye letter...it's been fun, George! We'll see you next year!



I'll be taking a break next week from posting to the blog since we'll be traveling..so we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2023!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...