Skip to main content

Elf Shenanigans

More Christmas fun adventures have been checked off the list! George has been a busy elf, visiting us every night, except for one. One night he didn't leave, and G was really confused. But, he must have left in the middle of the next day and came back when we weren't paying attention. G called me and let me know that had happened while Ava and I were out running some errands. Glad to see that George figured it out, ha!

December 4
You have a pizza my heart!



December 5
"Dr. Elf will see you soon! Please be patient!"



December 6
"Playing with you is DOH much fun!"
(he has some play dough to give to G)



December 7
"Will you boggle with me?"



December 8
"I think you and I have good chemistry together!"



December 9
I call this one..."making bad choices after too much tequila"



December 10
"Baking cookies today!"
and we were :)



Speaking of cookies...my mom came over on Saturday and we enjoyed our annual tradition of making Christmas treats. She had pre-baked all of the sugar cookies, so while she, Ava, and G were busy decorating them, I made three other types of treats. And now we should be set for goodies for at least the next week or so! HAHA!


G and I took a break mid-baking/decorating so we could say hi to Santa as he rolled through our neighborhood on a fire truck. It was neat to see him, and visit with the Rosemount Fire Department briefly. We donated some items to the local food shelf, which felt good. Tis the season for giving, after all!


Tonight G and I have a Christmas party with our book club to go to (not sure when it became OUR book club...he certainly doesn't read the books, but insists on joining me every time we get together. To be fair, other kids join so he thinks it a great big playtime. It's all fun and games until the kids start getting overwhelmed...and then book club wraps up. Hm.)

Last weekend we enjoyed three Christmas movies after dinner, and sipped on some eggnog. Yum! We love sitting in the light of the tree and just enjoying time together as a family.


Counting down the days (15!) until Christmas is here...things only get more fun from here on out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...