Skip to main content

"The Apple of my Eye"

The weekends are no longer a time of rest for us (for Scott, they never were, unfortunately.) But, now our weekends are mostly jam packed with gatherings, school events, parties, etc. It's fun and wonderful that we can celebrate and see people, but whew, I think we need to take a breath every once in a while!

Last weekend, my parents and our little family visited our very good friends' new (to them) apple orchard. Fireside Orchard & Gardens in Northfield, MN, is beautiful, and the apples are fantastic! Plus, we got a great behind-the-scenes tour of how the orchard operates. It was so nice of Darren to take some time away from a very busy Sunday to show us around.

I can't wait to make this an annual tradition! 






The flower gardens are beautiful!



Look at the little froggy who was napping in this rose!



And there's a lovely pond stocked with koi



The rest of the week is a blur. School, work, birthday parties, swimming lessons, high school parent orientation, football games, marching band rehearsals, etc. I'm wondering how we're going to squeeze in taekwondo for both kids once that starts up again in a few weeks. Yikes!

Pria is going to be very sad once winter comes and she can't enjoy the sun like this every day...


Ready for the pink out game! (RHS has a "tackle cancer" football game every year and all of the kids and band members wear pink. It's a neat to see!)

Plus, RHS WON against #1 Eden Prairie, so excitement was high!


This weekend (okay, mostly Saturday) is insanely busy. Thankfully, G is spending the weekend with Grandma Deb (he was so excited to go, I barely got a hug goodbye!) so he'll be having a great time with whatever they do!

The RHS Marching Band is hosting its annual festival with 16 bands from the state (and one nearby state). Rosemount will perform as an exhibition (not competing) since they are the hosts. This resulted in an early morning drop off for Ava today...ready to go at 7am! 

I'll be up in the box (I think) managing the video downloads and helping to tally the judges scores. I'm really excited to have such a great seat for this event! (And I'll be really sad if it turns out I'm not up in the box...I guess we'll see.)


In addition to a full day festival (and Scott working), it's also our 17th wedding anniversary! I cannot believe it's been 17 years already. I mean, seriously, where has the time gone?? Last night while Ava was at rehearsal, we spent a few leisurely hours at the local Legion...we had dinner, a few drinks, and played some pull-tabs. It was a very low-key way to spend the night, and honestly, it's all we had energy for.

Happy Anniversary to us! 💕


Tonight we're going to a different restaurant in the Omni hotel by the new Vikings facility. I've only been to the restaurant once before, and thought it would be nice to try something new. And then tomorrow, we have nothing on the books and I am so excited. I need some downtime where there aren't a million commitments and things to do (ok, there are always things to do.) I know Ava's looking forward to holing up in her room so she can avoid being around people, and Scott loves having his Sundays at home. And at some point, we'll get our little guy back, too, so we can give him lots of hugs and cuddles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...