Skip to main content

Late August Photo Dump!

The last few weeks of August were crazy busy, to the point where I didn't even have time to post pics to any social media, or update this blog! 

Let's see, where to start...how about the Minnesota State Fair?  Deb, Scott, G, and I went on opening day (8/25) to cheer on our favorite trumpet player in the high school marching band parade! It's pretty cool that they were the first band to play on the first day of the fair. They also had a chance to play a song with all of the other high school bands that were there, and then the kids had time both before and after their performance to enjoy the fair with their friends! I'm so glad that we made the effort to get out to the fair this year. It was nice to be back and eat all of our favorite foods.

G had a blast riding on the Kidway rides, and then he and Grandma Deb went head-to-head in a water game. Deb won and very kindly gave G the prize...for which he was very thankful!

They are such a loud and powerful band! Ava is in the second to the last line of trumpets in this video.


Thumbs up for the RHSMB!


Grandma Deb and G posing for the DNR



Cute side-by-side of G when he was small in a plane ride at a fair...




Waiting patiently for the bus ride home


After a very fun day, once we got home, Deb took Pria home with her, and we packed up to hit the road for a long weekend up north. Ava and I had doctor appointments on Friday morning, so we couldn't leave on Thursday night, but wanted to be ready to go after our visit to the doctor (all is well, just our annual derm appointments.)

We met my parents up north by Brainerd, at the Cragun's resort. It was such a fun weekend, filled with more eating and drinking, some shopping in Nisswa, and even a boat ride (and because of that boat ride, we're going to upgrade our boat next year to something more comfortable...hooray!)

Patiently waiting for lunch on the drive up




Hard to see it through the trees, but the lake is right there!




Desperately wishing he could be on the private party boat...


Clapping for the seagull...




G enjoyed the pool!


Comfy in her warm clothes


It was a little chilly on the boat, but we still had fun!








Had to get a pic of Paul and Babe!


Enjoying a dinner out on our last night there



Heading home!


And then once we were home, it was back into the busy swing of things...early car appointment, high school orientation, 3rd grade assessments, marching band rehearsals, and the first day of school for Ava. I cannot believe that we have a freshman!



And a few random recent random pics...

Showing me the new moves she learned at marching band


I also squeezed in a boat cruise for my work on Tuesday a few weeks back...it was a glorious day to be on the water and to see my coworkers. And to ogle the amazing houses on Lake Minnetonka!


G and Scott came home with flowers for me one night this past week...so lovely and thoughtful!



In other news, our long weekend got a lot less busy suddenly. Ava has COVID (this is the first time she has had it, so hopefully her symptoms remain mild-ish), which means I cancelled on going to my book club on Saturday night, and going on a bike ride with my parents on Monday. I'm hoping that the rest of us stay healthy, and this doesn't impact G's first day of school on Tuesday. Please say a prayer for Ava's health!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...