Skip to main content

Helper for the Week!

We started off the week with a Celebration of Life for Whitey. Deb did a wonderful job creating an event that showcased his life, and bringing the closest family and friends to share in the loss together. It was a hard day, but a necessary one, to give everyone a chance to say goodbye.

Beyond that, the week just trekked along. We were all busy at work and school, and nothing major happened, which I'll take as a win! We were excited to have Ava home with us for the majority of the nights for dinner (hasn't been that way since JUNE!) However, she spent all day Saturday at the high school in marching band practice. And I helped distribute plants for the band's fall fundraiser. At least it's nice weather this weekend!

G was helper in his 3rd grade class this week, and was thrilled that he got to choose a prize for being such a good leader for the classroom! He also enjoyed going to a bowling birthday party on Saturday afternoon. FUN! We've been thinking a lot about his upcoming birthday and Halloween costumes. I always like to say that his birthday kicks off the holiday season in our house...and it's right around the corner!

I took a few days off this week to virtually attend the doTERRA conference. I'm excited about some of the new products coming out soon...they make it easy to live a healthier life! 

We're looking forward to going to our friends' apple orchard on Sunday. It's new business venture for them this year, and we're glad that we can help support them, while also knocking off one very fun thing on our fall bucket list!

I didn't take many pics this week, but found a few of Ava from the State Fair Parade...big smiles all around!

Ava and Abby


Ava and some of her trumpet pals!


Enjoy the lovely fall weather!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...