Skip to main content

Hello, 3rd Grade!

This week was finally G's turn to go back to school. He was excited to start the 3rd grade, and to see all of his friends who he hadn't seen over the summer. Everything seemed to go off without a hitch...no issues at school, and he even has his favorite bus driver (Roger) again! It's been a good week for our little guy!


The other child; however...not such a good week. On Saturday, Ava tested positive for COVID, and spent the next five days, holed up in her room. We delivered meals to her, 3 times/day, and that was about the only time we saw her. She tried her best to keep up with her schoolwork, and had mostly a positive attitude while in isolation. On Thursday afternoon, I made her go a walk with me and Pria since she hadn't been outside in so many days. And by the end of that night, she admitted that she was ready to go back to school (her symptoms were much better at this point.)

So, off she went, back to the first real week of high school, and ended the school day with a pep fest (didn't know the music), and was ready to play at halftime for the high school football game on Friday night. But, the weather didn't quite agree, so the band couldn't play. This cancellation gave them time to get fitted their show uniforms, and once that was done, they were free for the night. She and a few older friends went to Culvers for treats, and then one of them brought her home later that night. That was weird not to have to run and get her...hooray for older friends with cars!

On Saturday, the RHSMB has a VERY full day. They started practice at 9am, and then play their first competition this evening at another local high school. She probably won't be back home until close to midnight. I promised her that she could sleep in on Sunday! I'm hopeful that the competition will allow her to see what all of the practice results in...and of course I hope they win. :)

Here's to hoping for an uneventful upcoming week, with everyone staying healthy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...