Skip to main content

From Morning to Night

This was one of those weeks where we were busy from morning to night...almost every single day. Some was fun stuff, like going out to dinner and shopping for new books, TKD, happy hours, and summer programs. Other was necessary...like an annual dr visit, dentist (TWO days), and a COVID test. Yep, lots of medical stuff that wasn't nearly as fun.

But, first, we kicked off the week with a wonderful visit with our friends in south-central Minnesota. We ate great food, went shopping, managed to get out of a Christmas-themed Escape Room, went swimming, ate birthday cake, and just generally spent time with our pals. 

Birthday Sloth!


Opening gifts before we left to head out of town...



G picked out a little "Car-ne Asada" Hot Wheel as his gift for Ava...it's a taco car!


It's a birthday cake that says "Lemon"...but it's marble with chocolate fudge filling. Not a lemon in sight! Also, Ava chose the design, so it is her mastermind at work...



Loving my little G!


Gorgeous walk in the country with our friends


Scott left this as a little surprise in G's sleeping bag - terrifying!


Meet Daisy...she's a gigantic version of Darla...so smart, and so pretty!


As for the medical stuff, Ava came down with a nasty cold this week (probably because she was with a ton of kids two weeks ago, and her immune system isn't used to that), so to be safe, I had her tested for COVID. She was negative, thank goodness...she's also fully vaxxed, so I didn't really think she had it, but for peace of mind, we needed confirmation. Both kids have great teeth, and have been doing a wonderful job on flossing and brushing. G had sealants applied to his 6-year molars, and that was quite the adventure. I actually had to leave the area where they were performing the sealant application, and had to go wait in the lobby. He's very...dramatic!

I had a chance to catch up with a dear college friend of mine on Wednesday night, and can't wait to see her again in a few weeks. I also had a happy hour with co-workers on Thursday...it was so strange to see everyone in person! We went from 2D discussions to 3D...crazy!

After TKD and a family dinner out on Thursday night, Ava and I hit up Barnes & Noble and she spent a ton of her birthday money...she loves books so much!


I also picked up a book for G - he's already done with it!



After this super busy crazy week, we are taking it somewhat easy this weekend. Friday night was spent at home (thank goodness) and we're visiting Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey at their new Minnesota home on Saturday afternoon/evening. Really looking forward to seeing them after their move back from Florida!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...