Skip to main content

Tomte and Trumpet

It's clear that things are heading back to normal, based on how busy our schedule was this week. Monday was a great Memorial Day...we planted so many flowers and spent good time together as a family, including a trip to Von Hanson's. Plus, the weather was pleasant, so we were able to be outside for a large portion of the day.


The kids each made a tomte from this month's Swedish Kiwi Crate - cute! They worked so well together...I love seeing that.


Due to our crazy schedule, we needed to move the kids to the Tuesday Taekwondo class for this week, and we even squeezed in a trip to the park before heading out to TKD. Wednesday night was the RMS band concerts (by grade.) The kids hadn't played together since early 2019, so it was wonderful to see them all come together...and the weather even held out and made for a wonderful backdrop to the evening's outdoor event!

Ava is doing a baton duet with another twirler, so she had a 1.5 hour practice OUTSIDE on Thursday early evening. Her cheeks were SO pink when I picked her up. But, I was happy to see that Ava had fun with a friend, and they are looking forward to the competition on June 12. We also finally got our central air reconnected on Thursday night, so we had the first night of cool(ish) sleeping in a few weeks. Whew, I hope we don't have to go again without AC anytime soon! (On that note, the new deck is really coming together nicely!)

While Scott and the kids stayed home on Friday night, I headed out to Hastings with a friend/co-worker who I hadn't seen in about a year. It was so nice to catch up and enjoy a change in scenery. We really liked the Hastings Riverwalk on the Mississippi, as well as the views from the Legion, which was overlooking the river. Great night to be out!



Due to the super hot weather this weekend, I decided to take the kids to the pool on Saturday morning, and we ran into some friends there. So, the kids had a chance to play, and the moms had a chance to chat. PERFECT!

Ava and I are heading to a movie on Saturday afternoon. It'll be her first R-rated movie, and I believe it's mostly because of the violence. It's an anime, so the violence is animated, and not realistic. Not sure that makes it any better, but that's what I'm telling myself. We're looking forward to enjoying a cool theater with some yummy popcorn!

The rest of the weekend will be spent trying to stay cool and get stuff done around the house...it's a busy time, with just one week left of school. Hard to believe we'll have a 2nd and 8th grader next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...