Skip to main content

Week 28 at Home: Fall Fun

What a fun week we've had! We're embracing the fall season around here, even though it's not quite yet October. G informed us exactly when we went from summer to fall on Tuesday, according to the calendar. Good job, little guy!

On Sunday we headed to a local apple orchard. It was a different experience than what we've had in years past...no hay ride, no country store with fresh cider, no pumpkin picking, or playing on the playground. And you know what? That's 100% okay! We still had fun. We picked a whole bunch of different varieties of apples, plus we picked up some locally made apple BBQ sauce and some apple butter. And most importantly, we were able to get outside on a beautiful Sunday morning, and spend time together as a family. I made fresh applesauce this weekend to use the apples, and I'm hoping we can squeeze out some apple pancakes before the weekend is over.


Scott and I celebrated our 15th anniversary on Thursday. FIFTEEN YEARS! Whaaaat? I can't get over the fact that I've been with someone for that long (we've been together for 20 years total). I look at the life we've created and am very happy with the path that we have traveled together. Is it always easy? No. Do we agree on everything? Definitely not. But, somehow we make it work. I think we're a good balance for each other. I have joked with friends that Scott brings me back down to earth, while I lift him up a bit. And for us, it works great!




Ava and I made a very yummy new recipe for our anniversary dinner...roasted chicken and veggies. SO good! I'm loving this subscription to Raddish!



Scott brought me these beautiful flowers for our anniversary...plus a bag of candy that I've hidden and will not be sharing with the young people in this house. Ha!

Also to celebrate, Ava and I tried out the new local Jersey Mike's because I had heard so much about it. We were both really happy with our sandwiches (Ava wants to go back and just get some bread), but what had us laughing even more was how they wrote my name on my sandwich. Someone has a sense of humor!

Both Ava and G had great weeks at school. I think we've settled into a good routine for this school year. It's certainly not as chaotic as it was in the spring. Everything is very well organized, and G is getting more independent on working on his lessons without me. I still have to help him about 60% of the time, but at least I get 40% of my time back to focus on my work! WIN-WIN!


I am so impressed by G's Lego skills. He built this ship with pieces that actually fire. As I watch him build things, I'm thinking we definitely have a kid with an interest in STEM learning. 


Not sure why he put Puppy in a jar, but it made me laugh.

I started to cut down all of the plants for the fall/winter season, and put out all of our decor last weekend. Halloween costumes have been purchased, and we're making plans for a bonfire in the driveway on Halloween night with the neighbors. That way the kids can still have fun, and if other kids come by asking for treats, it'll be a safer environment. Fun times ahead - and we can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...