Skip to main content

Week 26 at Home: We didn't get lost in the corn maze!

The kids were at home with me for the entire week, enjoying their last week before school starts. Hard to believe in a few days we will have a 7th and a 1st grader. On Wednesday, Ava and I went to the middle school and met all of her teachers...I thought it was important to meet them since she chose to do distance learning. At least they can see that she made an effort. 

Also on Wednesday (big school day for us!) G went in for his 1st grade assessment and we ran into some friends from preschool there, as well as our neighbors. It was a very chatty hour at Red Pine! On Thursday, he went in to continue his testing with the school psychologist and the special ed teacher. He did great and the psychologist told me that he may not receive a diagnosis, and we might not be eligible for any extra help. I'm totally cool with that, as their suspicion of ADHD last year just didn't feel right to me. Scott and I maintain that his biggest issue is controlling his feelings, and he gives up on things too quickly. These are things that we're working on at home, and I can see an improvement since last year...it's possible that he's just growing out of those impulses. I hope.

Ava had a sleepover with a friend on Saturday night, and Scott was working all day on Saturday, so G and I packed up and headed west to meet up with one of my college friends. We had a great time at Sever's. She had her three boys there, as well as two of the neighbor boys, so there were SIX boys to watch after. Good thing Ava didn't come with us!

It was awesome catching up with Angie and seeing all of our boys play together. I'm so proud of how well-behaved G was. He really did a fantastic job listening to me and following directions. 











It was a great way to say good-bye to summer and to usher in a new cooler fall season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...