Skip to main content

Week 19 at Home: Ho Hum

This was a week that flew by and I have no idea what we did. I mean, the kids went to the Y programs three days, and Scott and I worked all five days, but...what did we actually do?? Maybe that's okay that I don't remember? Or, maybe it means that all of our days are beginning to meld together, lol.

I do know that I went on a really long walk and talk with a friend one night this week. And I also know that G has done a fabulous job of checking off all of his "daily tasks" that I assign to him. And I guess I do know that Ava built a super cute house in Roblox. And we all know that poor Scott is not dealing well with working outside in this hot, humid weather. We're hoping for a little bit of a break in the heat this coming week, so he can sleep better at night.

I can't believe that it's August next week. On this coming Thursday, we'll find out what the official state decision is for the start of the school year. Will we go hybrid? In person? Online? I mean, I know what WE are doing, but it'll be interesting to see what the overall decision is at the state level. I just heard that the Minneapolis school district has decided to go all online...and they have a pretty big influence on what other districts do. So...we'll see.

When we don't have an interesting week, I don't have any interesting pics to share, haha!

G and I had some early morning snuggles...Puppy was there, too, of course!


Ava painted this cute little watermelon plate at the Y program, and then she refused to be in a pic. So, G is standing in as her proxy, ha!


So, yep, that's it for this week's post! Nothing exciting to share. Hoping for a really good week, with only positive news coming our way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...