Skip to main content

Week 18 at Home: Squirrel!

This week was a blur. There was work, there were programs with the Y, there was gatherings with the neighbors, and then there were storms. I was busy binge-watching a show this week after everyone else went to bed, so I didn't get fantastic sleep. I usually use the weekends to try to make up some sleep (sleeping in until 7:30am is my goal...doesn't happen very often) but last night we had some big storms roll through, which meant a certain 6-year-old decided to snuggle into our bed for the night. He doesn't toss or turn like Ava, but he does wake up early, and then play with all of the stuffies he brings into bed. He does a good job whispering to his stuffies while he is playing, but he moves around a lot, and it's just not conducive to an amazing sleeping-in experience.

I think that's why everything is a blur. I'm really tired. I have a lot to do around the house, and no energy to do it. I was supposed to meet up with some neighborhood friends on Saturday night but I honestly just wanted to settle into the couch and watch a move, or binge a few more episodes of Big Little Lies while everyone else watches a movie. 

So, to wrap up, Ava had a good week. G had a good week...and in fact, he just wrapped up a good four weeks so we gave him a new Lego set on Saturday. He was pretty excited for that!

My dad's birthday was on Saturday, so sending him the happiest birthday wishes...I hope you enjoyed your birthday salad! :)

We have a new friend in our front yard...a thirteen-lined ground squirrel! The other day he popped his head up to say hi to me. He's been snacking on the bird seed that the birds end up dropping, so he's also performing some janitorial services. I can't complain about that too much. He did poop on our front walkway, so I think he needs some potty training, lol.


Ava got her first Stitch Fix this week and she loved everything in it. I haven't heard her that excited about new clothes EVER!


G built a Lego setting of the four of us playing Tractoropoly. The detail he put into this was amazing!


This is more of a curiosity thing... I was watering my droopy daisies on Saturday (SO HOT OUTSIDE!) and I noticed that two flowers had caterpillars/worms in them. I spent about 20 min trying to figure out what it was, with no luck. Any ideas?


Time to see if I can up the energy levels a bit to enjoy the last part of the weekend. Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...