Skip to main content

Week 17 at Home: Cotton Candy Sunsets

I can't believe we are on 17 weeks at home. With the latest spikes of COVID-19 across the states, it feels like deja vue from when the pandemic first started to raise concern...17 weeks ago. We have been home for over a quarter of a year, and there isn't an end in sight. I wish we knew what was going to happen with the schools this fall. I'm not fully comfortable sending our kids back to school, full time, so it'll be interesting to see what the options are.

In the meantime, we're enjoying each other's company, and figuring out ways to meet new friends. Ava and G had a great time at the Y programs this week. Ava is fully onboard with going next year (her last year due to her age) and G informed me that he's making new friends every day, and he wishes he could go more than 3 days a week. Yeah, no. Not gonna happen, kid. I am LOVING the quiet time I get to work from home during those 3 days a week, but I don't want them to be gone longer than that!

On Saturday morning, our next door neighbor who we have barely interacted with in the last 6 years reached out to me, and mentioned that their son would love to play with G sometime. Their son is about 1.5 years younger than G, and they had a chance meeting last Sunday, while they were both out practicing riding their bikes. Their kind invitation turned into an afternoon playdate at their house, where I also had a chance to get to know the adults better, too. It was nice to talk to new people, and learn more about them, considering we live 20' away from each other.

After we left their house, we went to the other neighbor's house and hung outside with them for a bit until dinnertime. It was a great way to spend a Saturday!

G had so much fun putting Puppy into neighbor Paul's rollerblades, and then scooting Puppy down the sidewalk. Puppy even wore a helmet to be safe! (I think it was Paul's knee pad??)



Scott had a busy Saturday, full of work, so he was more than ready to come and veg out for the night. He works so hard and the heat and humidity are very hard on him. Boo.

Lest I forget, we celebrated Scott's 44th birthday on Tuesday! We stretched out the celebration a few days...his meal of choice one night, opening presents the next night, and finally a DQ ice cream cake the following night. Seems to be that the celebration should continue for a few more days so he gets a full birthday week! Happy Birthday, Scott - we love you very much!

These are totally random pics from this week...that's kinda how the week feels. Totally random!

We had a great blue heron visit our neighborhood after a downpour one morning this week


Look at this lovely strawberry we grew! It's perfect!


The sunset was so gorgeous the other night...like cotton candy and fairy lights...


Here's a selfie I had to take for work...I can't even be bothered with makeup these days! But I got a haircut on Wednesday so at least that mop is under control, lol


Ava and I made a really yummy mug cake on Saturday. It was very easy, and tasted great. Even better is that Ava researched and found a super easy way to separate yolks and whites...with a water bottle!



Looks like a gorgeous Sunday, so hopefully we'll be able to spend some more time outside, enjoying our beautiful Minnesota summers. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...