Skip to main content

Week 16 at Home: Happy Independence Day!

We had a great kickoff to the holiday weekend! Scott, the kids, and I took the boat out on Friday and did some fishing. Or, rather, Scott and G did some fishing, while Ava and I hung out in the back and enjoyed the scenery, and tried to stay cool. To be fair, I caught the first fish of the day using G's fishing rod, but then he did an amazing job and probably caught approximately 10 fish for the rest of the time we were on the lake. He loved it!

It was super hot out, though, so I think we were all happy when the fishing adventure came to an end, and we were able to get into the air-conditioned truck and head back to our house. We had enough sun for the day, so we spent the rest of the time indoors (Scott stayed outside and visited with the neighbors, but I needed to hydrate and stay cool inside with the kids.)






On Saturday, G and I headed over to a neighbor/friend's house and they enjoyed their pool, little splash pad, and lawn games, while I had a chance to catch up with my friend. It was a good way to get some fresh air, with little exertion on my part. I think I'm still wiped out from Friday.

With the pandemic still in full swing, our normal 4th of July fireworks viewing has changed, so fireworks is a bit different this year. There are some neighborhood viewings, but honestly, we're fine to be inside, and not on the roads, with all of the crazies who are lighting off big fireworks and not being safe about it.

Make a wish!


Happy Independence Day, America! Here's hoping that the end of this birthday year (2020) is going to be drastically better than the first part!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...