Skip to main content

Week 8 at Home: Chaos!

Over the last few weeks, my workload has increased quite a bit. I'm finding that I am in so many meetings during the day that I can't get to my work, plus I still have to act as G's Kindergarten teacher all day long. It's getting very difficult to manage everything and I'm beginning to feel a bit panicked that I can't handle it all. 

This coming Monday, I'm in meetings 9-4, with no break for lunch. G and I devised a plan that we would try to get his schoolwork underway around 7am, and then anything remaining that he needs help with (which is everything) will have to be done on Monday night. My mental health is not faring well right now, and that worries me.

But, on the bright side, Ava is doing really well in school. She continues to keep on top of her classes and is getting great grades. She's participating in her anime class, even though I still have to push her a bit to post her drawings so the teacher can review them. We're hoping to hear if her summer camp up north will happen next month. I'd like to see her go, but I'm worried about how they will be able to keep it safe, and still fun, for the campers. I guess we'll see how it all pans out.

G is doing okay...he has one more appointment with his therapist before she goes on maternity leave next month, and then we're going to take a break. The tablet with the breathing awareness/cooling down games arrived this past week, and he's been having fun playing it. He fully understands why he's playing, and enjoys watching his heart rate in the game. He is able to successfully cool down through breathing. The idea is that these are skills he can put towards real-life situations.

We had another classroom material pick-up for him on Thursday night at his elementary school. His teacher was there, so it was a great chance for G to see her (and the principal/vice principal,) while I had a chance to chat with her about how things are going. I also expressed my appreciation for the job she is doing, and told her that I REALLY hope that the kids can go back to school this fall. 

Scott has been busy with work, his side jobs, and working on building the bar in the basement. He spent a few hours on Friday night putting the bricks on the front of the bar. There are definite advantages to working for a construction company, as he was able to track down a nice option at a very good price. We're both excited at how the basement family room is coming together, and have spent several evening hours down there during the past few weeks. It's going to be really cozy during the winter, and is a great place for the kids to go when there's other stuff going on in the house. For example, our cleaning lady came on Monday...the kids stayed in the basement, and kept out of her way. It all worked out well, even though I was really apprehensive about having someone else in our house. But, oh, it was nice to have the house clean, without me having to do it!

This is a special weekend as it's Mother's Day! To my mom, thank you for everything that you have done for me over the last 44 years...you are a dear friend, and I can't wait until we can spend more time together, instead of quick chats at 6' apart! I love you so much!!

And for Scott's mom, thank you for raising a good man, who insists on treating his family and friends with so much generosity. I am lucky to have married into a family where I inherited such a wonderful mother-in-law. We love you!

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers, but especially ours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...