Skip to main content

Week 7 at Home: So Many Packages...

Since I've been working home for many weeks now, I've noticed that we have a LOT of delivery drivers in our neighborhood. We have Fed Ex, UPS, Amazon, SpeeDee, etc. come through so many times a day. On ONE day last week, I ended up having 5 separate deliveries. It got to the point I was a little embarrassed, lol. Plus, any packages that are delivered have to go through a "cooling off" period, so they sit by the front door for at least 24 hours. Makes it hard to quickly put things away before other members of the family notice the influx of shipments coming our way. I generally only pick up stuff from Target every few weeks, so I guess I'm finding other ways of making sure we support the economy...right?


G had a pretty good week. Out of the 21 chicks that have been in incubation at his teacher's house, 19 hatched! The two that didn't were never fertilized, so we felt okay about that. But then sad news...one of the little chicks got stepped on by the other chicks and its leg broke. Mrs. M tried to fix it, but the chick never fully recovered and ended up passing away on Friday night. Sad ending for the kiddos with that little chick :( But, oh the rest of the baby chicks are so, so cute! On a Zoom call this week, I heard Mrs M ask the kids to check with their parents to see if anyone wanted a chick. I then heard G say, "Yeah, probably not." Good job, buddy!

Having fun building an online tree house for his computer specialist project



On a positive note, the teachers and staff from G's elementary school planned a parade through the neighborhoods where the majority of the kids live. Our 'hood made the cut, so we spent some time outside on Saturday morning, enjoying the sun, chatting with neighbors (from 6' away), and letting the kids burn off energy at an appropriate distance. When the parade came through, it was so much fun to see everyone! G got a shout out by the Assistant Vice Principal, the Principal, and the art teacher, so that was fun. Ava joined us, as well, and she was happy to see her teachers from her time at RPE, as well. Once it was all done, we were a little sad and emotional (and when I saw "we", I mean me. G was totally fine.)


After that event, Scott and I headed out to pick up our new soundbar for the basement, pick out all of our flowers/garden plants, and even ventured into Sams Club. The best part was stopping at Wendy's for lunch. I don't remember the last time I had fast food! It was nice to get out with Scott, yet still remain away from most people.

Ava has week one of her anime drawing class under her belt. It took a little bit of prodding from us to get her to participate in the class feed (she did the assignment with no hesitation,) and it's been fun to see that the other girls in the class are around her age and find the same things interesting. The cool thing is that they're from all over (not just from MN.) I hope she enjoys the rest of the class and takes away some great skills!

The weather is lovely right now. The garden has been planted, and I'm hoping to plant all of my flowers on Sunday afternoon. Scott has been busy building the bar in the basement...it's been fun to collaborate with different ideas on what we can do. We're excited to see it all come together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...