Skip to main content

Tramps & More

And when I say "Tramps", surely you realize I'm talking about a trampoline, right?

We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend to visit our good friends, Darren, Tiffany, and Isabel.  Ava, of course, had to take a nap on the ride down there, so instead of napping at her regular time, she was up ALL afternoon - happy/sad/excited/meltdown/etc.  It was a long afternoon.  Scott was helping Darren build a garden fence, and then they went to chop some trees down, so Tiff and I had a chance to catch up with each other, and then play with the girls.

For those that don't know/remember, Isabel is 8-months older than Ava, and still, the age difference is so apparent.  Isabel played the part of the older child, and was teaching Ava how to take turns on the trampoline, as well as giving her hugs of encouragement on the slide. Every time we see Isabel, it's like seeing what Ava will be 8 months from now...it's so much fun!

We had some dress-up time - pretty, pretty princesses!






We had some park time...this is where Ava had a lack-o'-nap-enduced meltdown, hence there is only a picture from the walk home...


We, of course, has some tramp time...if I was speaking for Ava, I'd say this was the highlight of her trip.




And my personal favorite, for which she'll hate me when she's 13:


And we finally had some bath/bed time...she kept trying to comb Isabel's hair, and finally decided to style her own into a Justin Bieber 'do.


This morning, they had a short time to play together before we left for home.  Don't let their serious faces fool you - they actually had fun playing together this weekend!


Here are a few pics from earlier this week...the one of Ava sleeping was just too cute to pass up.  Apparently, Scooter is also a pillow!


Scott was watering the front yard one night, and Ava got caught in the sprinkler.  Ooops!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the smooshed face! That's too cute! I really wish you guys lived closer (or actually I wish we lived closer). The kids would all have so much fun playing together!!
Anonymous said…
You've been tagged in a meme! I hope you'll participate :-)

You can view more details on my blog at this post: http://yahres.wordpress.com/2010/05/27/seven-things-that-make-me-grumpy/

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...