Skip to main content

What's Black & White?

It's officially summer in Minnesota.  We've passed the 1-2 weeks where it's pleasant outside, and have moved into the hot and humid midwestern summer season.  This calls for some FUN in the SUN!  We were hoping that Ava would enjoy the water a little more this year than she did last year (I took her to several weeks of swimming lessons in a lap pool, where the temp of the water was just a wee bit too chilly.  It didn't go well for either of us.)  Plus, she has a new swimming suit I was anxious to have her try out, so at the very least, I knew she would look cute. :)

So, Daddy decided to set up the sprinkler for her one night after dinner.  This, too, did not go very well.  Perhaps it's because he sprung the sprinkler on her without warning, causing her to run to me, with fear in her eyes, and very wet hands...  After that, we never got her to come near the sprinkler (way to go, Daddy), and she decided to play with my potted flowers...with her very wet hands.  This is where my OCD needs to take a backseat and just let the child have fun!  (Deep breath in, deep breath out...)





Looking guilty for some reason...hmmmm.


Yesterday we had a better outdoor experience.  We filled up her little pool, brought out all of her toys, and even parked Mommy in a chair right next to the pool (feet in the water, of course), so Ava wouldn't be lonely.  This went great!  She had a great time splashing around, filling up the bucket, catching the toy fish with her net...until Daddy brought out the hose with the sprayer.  Seriously!  When will he learn?!  At least Ava was little bit more laid back and had fun hiding in her Cozy Coupe while Daddy misted her with the sprayer.

This is all leading up to our big outdoor pool experience coming up at the end of June.  We're visiting a friend's house with an outdoor pool, and if that goes well, SSP outdoor pool, here we come!  It's incredibly important to me that she is comfortable in the water, and it'd be even better if she actually liked it.  So, we'll just keep working at it!

It's been a really busy weekend outside of the water fun...I cleaned for 6 hours on Friday, and 8 hours yesterday.  Our house isn't even that big, so I'm not sure how I spent that much time cleaning.  I was working my way through the spring cleaning list, and now, I think there's a light at the end, thank goodness!  In the process, though, I have discovered one of Ava's punishments in the future when she misbehaves.  She's going to get to clean our oven racks.  Sheer torture...so it should do the trick.  :)

We're halfway through the long weekend, and we're looking forward to finally relaxing over the next few days.  We're going to see baby Charlie (and Megan and Erik, too, of course) tomorrow, and then on Tuesday, Ava and I are going to have lunch with my co-workers.  Should be fun!

Happy Memorial day - and don't forget to remember those that have given their lives for our freedom!

Comments

Lisa said…
LOVE the swim suit! She looks so cute! (And I love the guilty look she's got going on there) As for the dirt mess, just remind yourself that she's outside in a swimsuit, so it's easy to hose the dirt off. :) That's what I do.

And I see she has a band-aid on her knee. We've had a lot of skinned knees these past few weeks too. But sometimes we've got a band-aid on just for decoration. Who wouldn't want to wear a Sesame Street band-aid just for fun?!?

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...