Skip to main content

Happy Mother's Day!

Wha a busy, but wonderful, Mother's Day this has been!  Scott took care of the dogs and Ava until I had to get up (7am), so I caught a little extra sleep.  Although, I was up late watching SNL last night, so I needed those extra zzzzzz's.

I walked in the Race for the Cure today - it was a perfect day to be outside!  The sun was shining, and there was a slight chill, but nothing uncomfortable.  Thousands turned out to participate - what a great way to start the day!  My friend Emilie and I walked together - I'm thinking that Ava should join me next year...there were lots of kids walking, and I think she'd have a blast.




That's the sea of people in front of us - this is right past the Starting Line.




When I came home, Scott fixed us a very late brunch, and then little Ava AND Mommy took a nap.  Darn SNL keeping me up late.  We tried to get a pic of me and Ava, but her attention was clearly focused on something else.



We then headed over to Scott's mom's house for a Mother's Day dinner with the family.  Lots of wonderful food, and company as usual!  Ava always has so much fun at Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey's house.

I made a Jell-O dish, and the lid slipped down.  Grandma Deb was showing Ava how to lick the Cool Whip off of the top.




And then we went outside for some fun...golf and bubbles!








After we ate, Ava gave us a little dance routine - so cute!



And now this Mommy is going to take it easy for the rest of the night.  It's been a long, but fabulous day! 

Mom and Deb, thank you for being such good mothers to Scott and me - we wouldn't be the people we are today without your influence over the last 34 years.  We love you!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms and moms-to-be out there!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Two posts in one weekend?! Is this something new for us to look forward to?? Ava is such a cutie!! Love her dancing on the table...
Lisa said…
Love the whipped cream licking photos and the dancing on the table!! Someday, when she's MUCH older, she'll fit right in with us in Mexico. HA! Yeah- and then we'll fall and break a hip...

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...