Skip to main content

This girl has attitude!

We had a really fun week...at swimming on Monday, Ava was dunked twice, and each time, she came up with a little grimace on her face, but she didn't cry. I think that's a good thing...at least she's getting used to the water and isn't crying like she was the first night.

My friend Lisa and I went to a really big consignment sale last Wednesday, and I managed to pick up a bunch of "new" clothes for Ava for the summer, and even some cute pieces for the fall. I only found one toy for her this time, so it was nice to spend most of the $$$ on clothes for her.

She's been walking around at daycare and on Saturday, she took 10 consecutive steps at home! I've been trying to catch some of it on video, but as soon as I turn it on, she likes to sit down and crawl to me. Kinda defeats the purpose!

Scott was gone overnight on Saturday, so Ava and I had all day and night to hang out together. We spent a lot of really good mama-daughter bonding time together. We went shopping, did laundry, napped, and played together. It was the perfect way to spend a chilly Saturday.

She was giving me attitude this morning with her Cheerios...that, or she wanted to eat what I was having (which was a bowl of Cheerios...hmmm...)




It's been a little cooler the last few days, so I wanted to squeak in a few more wearings of her winter clothes. She looks so tough in this hoodie! (Yeah, right!)


Here's a cute bubble-bath-beard after one of her recent bath/drinking sessions...she just loves slurping up those bubbles! Last night she found the drain, and kept poking her finger in it as it was draining...I thought kids were usually scared of the drain. Not this one, I guess!


It looks like it's going to be a lovely day today, so I'm hoping we spend most of it outside. Time to weed!

Comments

Lisa said…
Love the bubble beard! And the "attitude" face. Dylan tried brats this weekend because he REALLY wanted what was on our plate. He loved them... that must be the reason I was craving them through my whole pg! I hope she'll walk for me on Sunday- maybe give Dylan a few pointers... maybe not! Maybe I'm not ready for walking just yet!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...