Skip to main content

Farmer Ava

The weather has been beautiful the last week, so we have spent a lot of time outside. Scott had Ava outside with him for most of Saturday afternoon, and when we gave her a bath on Saturday night, we noticed she had a little farmer's tan on her arms! I'm very happy to see that it looks like she tans easily (like Scott) and doesn't burn (like me.)

We had a pretty gross experience with Ava on Saturday afternoon...something that we will bring up to her when she's older and she brings her boyfriend over to meet us. HA! I was feeding her lunch, with the intent of changing her after lunch, and then putting her down for a nap. All of a sudden, I noticed she was very quiet and focused on something...I had no idea what it was. And then I checked her hands, which were happily digging in her dirty diaper. There was pooh everywhere by the time we got her cleaned up...on her high chair, all over her, all over her clothes. It was so gross. I'm just happy that we were at home, and we were both here...I couldn't imagine cleaning that up alone! UGH!

On Sunday, we attempted to go to Como Zoo in St. Paul with Lisa and Dylan, but it was packed full of people. We couldn't even find a parking spot, so we decided to head out to Woodbury to go on a walk and play in some parks out there. It was a much more relaxing experience than if we had attempted to stay at the zoo!

Last night we went over to Grandma Deb's for a BBQ. Ava spent the night, which means we got to sleep in this morning, AND, Ava is spending all day with Grandma Deb, so Scott and I will have a chance to get stuff done around the house, go shopping, and go see a movie later on. YEAH! I think we're both excited to have some free time to ourselves!

There was one night she didn't sleep very well, so when I had to wake her up the next morning, she was exhausted. I just thought this position was so cute. All curled up in a little ball.


We broke out the bubbles, and Ava was having fun watching them blow by her. I'd catch a few on the wand for her so she could touch them. She was very surprised when they kept popping. Daddy did a GREAT job blowing bubbles - he's a natural!


These are probably my favorite pics...Ava was crawling on our patio, and she crawled up in the bottom of her excer-saucer. Next thing we knew her arms were coming up the leg holes, and she was standing up. We laughed so hard, but by the end, she was very frustrated, so we had to rescue her. Too funny.


Happy Memorial Day!

Comments

I love those pics of her with the exersaucer. Those are priceless! Glad you're having nice weather; we've had nothing but rain and it's getting old!
Lisa said…
Love the exersaucer pics! I'm not sure why, but the bottom of those things are very attractive to the little ones! We'll have to try the zoo another time- maybe if you have a day off during the week? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...