Skip to main content

Blur...

We had some unexpected time off of work this week...our daycare provider's 7-year old son got RSV, and that's really, REALLY bad news for little ones under the age of one.  To help protect our little guy, Scott ended up taking Thursday off of work, and I stayed home with G on Friday.  It's getting easier and easier NOT to check my work email when I have a day off.  I worked some really long days leading up to Friday, so I was happy to take a break at the end of this week.  Plus, it was an awesome bonus to get to spend another weekday with my little man!  And, I even had a chance to make a white chili for Friday's dinner - I've had this recipe for a while, and the snowy Friday at home was a wonderful opportunity to try it out.  We all agreed...it was yummy!



Honestly, this week was a blur...we had great weather last Sunday, and then ended with a gross snowstorm on Thursday night.  At least the ground is warm enough that snow doesn't stick around like it was a few months ago.  Our south-facing driveway and front yard have very little snow left on them.  Just lots of dirt and mud.  We've been throwing around landscaping ideas for the front yard and decor for the porch.  We're getting excited to get outside and make things pretty.  For the back yard, we know we need to put in a multi-level retaining wall outside our service door, but this year, we're going to probably just put in sod throughout the yard.  We'd like to put in a garden at the back of the lot, and Scott had mentioned planting a few different kind of trees.  Plus a deck - we need to get a design made and priced out.

So many ideas...but one thing at a time, I guess!  We'll see what gets accomplished this year. :)

Each month, Ava has a goal of reading a set amount of books.  Every time she meets that goal, she gets a coupon for a personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut, so on Saturday night, we finally went and cashed one in.  After the long nights I had this week, it was great to eat as a family.  On our drive to dinner, Ava kept reading off the signs that we were passing.  I'm just so proud of her and well she's doing with reading!

On Sunday, we're planning a trip to the zoo to see the farm babies.  We're going to meet up with my friend Amy and her daughters Kelsi and Kourtney...it should be a great time!  I think we're going to invest in a family membership to the zoo, so we can go for short trips this summer, whenever we have a chance.  We live only about 10 minutes away, so it seems like a wise investment.

Note:  We had a GREAT time at the zoo today!  The farm babies are so cute, and it was a great way for the three girls to burn off some excess energy.  And then we took them to Culver's where they ate enough sugar to replenish their energy tanks. :)  I also had the chance to see a friend who works at the zoo...I met Dawn when she and I were in the same Mommy & Me class, almost 6 years ago!  She works at the farm part out at the zoo, so it was really neat to run into her there.  It's been a long time since I've seen her!

Kelsi and Ava



Goats!



Not quite tall enough...


Getting ready to watch Lola, the cow, be milked.  Reminded me of...me. :)



On the way home from the zoo, we stopped at the library where we (Ava and me) both got new library cards.  We're settling into our new home here...and I love it!  Ava told me that today was a wonderful day...and I have to agree.  It's been pretty great so far!

Comments

Megan said…
Fun fact - when they first started the farm animals thing at the zoo they bought a couple of cows from Erik's parents farm. I think they used to have record about there of the animals they've had so that's kind of cool. Not sure of they still have any that would trace back to those cows but if they had any Ayrshires (they're red& white) its a good chance they would!

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going